Welcome to the forum

advice on grass track tyres on Dolan

edited September 2013 in Grass Track
Hi, I'm planning to buy a Dolan track bike and have been looking at the Pre-cursa but would like to know if grasstrack tyres are going to fit (does it have enough clearance). Any thoughts or comments please. Thank you

Connor

Comments

• Connor,

Im sure there are a few out there with Dolans that can advise but it will probably be close. Its always a bit of trial and error with modern track bikes as they usually werent built with grass in mind. Narrow CX tyres like schwalbe xcpro 30mm often work or even a 28mm touring tyre with a bit of tread.

I think Sophie Lewis was using Vittoria Rubinos on her Dolan on Saturday without any problems. Tom T has a Dolan and i think he got grass tyres on it. Any other Dolan users out there?
  • Conner,

You will get a grass tyre in the pre cursa frame and pista forks, but like Tim say's it would have to be skinny. I have seen one of those Welwyn boys use a Pre cursa and run with a cx tyre but I didn't take any notice which brand. When I rang Terry Dolan, he advised me to go with the FXE frame as it accepts a 32c tyre and I use a alpina winter fork. I would recommend though, use a sugino chainset as I stumbled with chain line issue's using a miche primato advanced chainset. The FXE may not be the prettiest of frames but it works.

Shelton