Welcome to the forum

Dragon Ride 2014 - enter 9am sharp on 10th October

edited October 2013 in Sportives
This event draws participants from all over the world to South Wales to experience and enjoy the Alpine-like climbs and stunning scenery

For reports from CCA riders in this year's event see Dragon Ride 2013

Be warned that unlike previous years, there will not be a ballot for places in the 2014 event. So if you want the chance to ride it, be prepared to buy online at 9am sharp on Thurs 10th October. More details here: Dragon Ride 2014 entry info

There are corto, medio, gran fondo and women-only events to choose from - so something for everyone. BTW I recorded 3340m climbing in this year's gran fondo and for 2014, they've advertised only 2905m, which looks a bit (ahem) soft .... but they have introduced a new 'Dragon Devil' distance of 300km, which is definitely not for the faint-hearted! So if you've been looking for a serious challenge for 2014, this could be it? (And as I type this, I'm thinking I'd have to be crazy to sign up to that and at the same time, pencilling a note in my diary for 9am on the 10th)

Comments

• edited October 2013
  • gonna try and get on to the gran fondo..........but very tempted by "Dragon Devil"...............just 23hrs to decide.............
  • Have entered the Grand Fondo.
  • Looked at the various routes....factored in likely weather conditions (does lightning strike twice?)....then wimped out and entered the Medio Fondo!

Anyone recommend some nearby accommodation please?

John
  • Me too - Gran fondo
  • Gran Fondo for me.

We stayed in the Swansea Waterfront Premier Inn last year. Good restaurants nearby and easy access to Marham Park. The Wiggle crew also stayed there if that's an extra endorsement. Managed a day before loop around the Mumbles as well from there.

Adam