Welcome to the forum

Cycle to London - Thursday Morning

edited June 2009 in General
anyone up for a Thursday commute while the weather is good? I can probably only do one way but I think Martin is up for the return journey? Baldock cummuters meet at the A507 junction to Rushden by the farm @ 6:15

Comments

• Yep - and riding back too. This fine weather [and sunlight and warmth at 5.45am start from Ashwell] is too good to miss. Probably with a few work mates for company on the return journey, leaving at 6pm from around Islington.

Robbie is riding in. and maybe back too. Perhaps not the ideal taper pre-Ironman - but that's Robbie...
  • I'm up for it. Mrs H has me on strict orders to be in by 8.30, so I might also just do one-way to be sure. The penalty for upsetting a planned spousal night out is too high to leave to chanced punctures etc :-)
  • Adam, I'll be rolling past Bygrave Road at about 5:50, see you then
  • I'm on for it, if you racing snakes can drag me along...see you at the PO @ 5.45 Martin & Robbie? Only one way though.
  • Great. Yeh - 5.45am - at Ashwell PO.
  • Tim

See you there.

Adam
  • Me and a few work mates are setting off from Clerkenwell back to Ashwell this evening - 6pm. Might be a bit slow with one or two off the pace. Adam - if you want to join this pace, tap in postcode EC1R 0JY into Google Maps, it's a small cul de sac and we'll see you 6pm. If not, another ride in soon I reckon. ta, Martin 07977 652 247

Good ride into London today. Glorious weather. Quickest time ever for me, just under 2.5hrs.
  • The slow guy has just called in sick today [funny that...], so the ride back won't be as slow as first thought...
  • Hi Martin

I'll be there. It looks like Rosaman Place, off Exmouth Market, Tysoe St (see here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?utm_campaign=en_GB&utm_medium=lp&utm_source=en_GB-lp-emea-gb-gns-svn)

Is that right?

Adam
  • aye - rosoman place. we'll be loitering there from 6pm. great - see you then. text me if you get stuck.
  • That's highly likely given my legendarily poor sense of direction.

See you there.

Adam