Welcome to the forum

L' Eroica Britania

edited October 2013 in Sportives
Ive been wanting to do the eroica in tuscany for years but never quite got it sorted.

Well ive just stumbled across the eroica britannia. the same folks that organise the italian one are bringing it to the peak district next june. the same rules apply, pre1987 bikes with downtube shifters etc.

Im very excited by this and have pre registered. all the details here....Eroica Britannia.

Comments

• It gets even better, there is a 3 day festival with camping, a celebration of cycling culture and local food and drink.
    this is so up my street and the event is sponsored by Thornbridge brewery!
  • 123 miles Ashwell to Bakewell. Wells ride: training ride.

I don't have a fully fit pre 1987 bike. But have a well oiled festival ale pre 1987 elbow.

While I'm here and thinking 2014: TdF 2014 route announced in two weeks and very likely headed around our familiar Ypres way. Something to think on...
  • Gives me a good excuse to do the old Peugeot up...i've pre-registered
  • Just a reminder about this. Tickets go on general sale on 3rd Feb

I have entered as has Mrs D and we intend to take full advantage of the free weekend camping and festival.

Much polishing and fettling to be done!
  • Is this why you have been growing the beard Tim? I have been wondering.
  • I like the idea of this and Bakewell is a great place to spend a weekend! Me and the other half don't have a pre-1987 bike, but I supoose there's time to rectify that!
  • Yes, plenty of time to get a bike.....and a beard!

Having a look at the rules,i think you will get away with a modern steel frame as long as its got vintage parts...clips and straps, downtube shifters, non aero brakes etc.
  • So, myself, Mrs D, James Mac and Iain F and/or Lindsey heading up to Bakewell to ride the first Eroica in the UK.

Weather looks good, a fine festival of vintage cycling is promised. will try and get some snaps of all the retro loveliness!