Welcome to the forum

Club Hill Climb this Saturday, 12th Oct

edited October 2013 in Time Trial
right then...the club hill climb double header is this saturday. the chance to win the prestigious block of wood trophy the clubs oldest trophy!

first hill is hatch lane in Baldock. i will be at the bottom of the hill from 9.00 for signing on which we will do there. please respect the local residents and keep out of the road at the start area.
Also please keep left on the steep right hand bend and do not cut the corner.

second hill, coombe hill we will aim to start at 11am. please dont use the 505 for getting to it or warming up.

i need a second timekeeper if anyone wants to help out.

all are welcome to ride, any bike any ability.
see you there

Comments

• Getting from 9am climb to 11am climb, probably best going through Baldock, Wallington, Sandon and staying off the A505 completely. 10.5 miles.

Google map.
  • Sandon to Kershall is a bit dodgy at the moment so maybe it's better to go via Therfield
  • edited October 2013
    Cool. As long as there's still enough time to fit me aero bars for Part Deux... ;-)

Tactics... tactics...

And can I get a hoofing big push for my second bit too??
  • I'm going to try and take Friday night off for this.
    Not happy with Sundays time, need another go haha
  • Hi - so will the race start at 9.30? (with sign-on from 9). Thanks
  • Yep, thats the plan.

Oh and its £3 as usual.
  • For the record, the fastest times on the courses since we have been doing it are both by Josh M....2.23 on Baldock and 4.46 on Coombe.
  • Oh my. Something for Maynard Junior and Doncaster Junior to look forward to, then.

Personally, I'm hoping not to see paint-less, bar tape-less, ear lobe-less riders on Saturday! Bring it on
  • on the baldock hill climb where does the timing start and stop? right at the bottom of the hill and the sign post at the top or does it go on for a bit longer?
  • start is right at the bottom by the sign, cant remember what it says.
    Finish is middle of the bridge over the main road.

by the way, still need a timekeeper.
  • Anyone else riding out from Ashwell 8:45 ish?
  • Looks unlikely I'll ride this one guys, I'm down with a cold :(
  • I'll be riding through Ashwell at about then and since I don't really know the way some company would be great!
  • I'll be leaving Ashwell at about 8.45am too - shall we meet at the Tuns?
  • tim
    might be able to help. don't feel like racing
    give me a call 07595300074
  • Weather not looking too good!
  • Not great no. Im sure a bit of rain wont put you all off will it?

....please dont let me stand in the rain on my own....

On the plus side a strong northerly so a chance to put a record time down on coombe.
  • Gwen - the tuns at 8.45 would be great, see you there
  • Great! see you at the Tuns - come rain or....even more rain.