Welcome to the forum

100 mile 26th July 8.30am Castle Hedingham

edited June 2009 in General
This should be a great ride and C.H. is a wonderful historic location with cafes and shops available for top-ups and lunch....also a great place to meet up with partners & family who could enjoy a good location and bring lunch. let's ignore weather men for this one and take a chance..............if it is tipping down on the day then we will re-schedule the ride hoping for a better day. I will post route very soon cheers and happy cycling

Comments

• The long range weather forecast is good for Sunday - hope you have a good ride [I can't make it].

I assume it will be a 8.30am start?
  • I have a map from Geoff - jpeg file downloadable here;

http://senduit.com/0b4d37

By the way - if you ever want to make pictures, files or whatever available on the forum, www.senduit.com is reliable, free and the files last up to 7 days on their server.

Weather forecast is still very good for Sunday. I hope you have a good ride.
  • Dunno if I've copied this right, but here's a MapMyRide version of the route: http://www.mapmyride.com/route/gb/ashwell/205124838733515428

Adam
  • Thanks Adam.........that's pretty much right on......only tiny issue from Shelford to Shepreth...NOT on A10 we dink around Haslingfield..Barrington..etc. by back roads...cheers

see you all Sunday bright and early.8.30am at Garage as normal....hoping for good weather...Anyone driving to Castle Hedingham to meet up with us?????.......Mark Constable's lovely wife maybe!!...that was a great innovation on Bob's GeoffDenny memorial ride...if not there are plenty of shop's Cafes to top up in
  • 5 went..Strappy...Tony Craske...Adam Higgitt....Tim Hector and myself.........well as a new ride and route I managed to find most of the planned route...slight hiccup as Adam had logged his interpretation on his Garmin............Think Tim found the route discussions a hoot.........weather fine...arrived at Castle Hedingham 11.40..too early for a pub lunch and no cafes open or tea shops......raided various shops for bars and sandwiches.........ran out of water and begged at a pub in Newton........London to Cambridge ride with thousands of cyclists sporting all sorts of bikes was on also......lots of lumps for climbers and great roads, scenery and villages....Great company and all-in-all a great if tiring day.....only one puncture, a bad slit in Tim's tyre..........just on 109miles at 16.2mph incorporating a couple of unplanned loops..........back in time for Cav's awesome finish.....

just waiting for the other participants views now..hahaha
  • Love the way my poor old Garmin gets the blame...I won't mention the extra loop or two delved into despite beeped protests from the handlebars :-) (that said, it would have cheerfully added another five miles to the last bit, for which I don't think any of us would have thanked it).

A good ride though, and good company. I'll put a link on here with the actual tracked routes, detours and all.
  • geoff
    The ride was a good one very testing but i loved it in a painfull sort of way,i think more water next time geoff a bowser comes to mind i was going down fast from dehydration.
    I think sat navs only pick up main roads or is that just car ones adam any way we got home in the end.
    My recovery ride was a full day at the MK shopping center truddging round with mrs s i knew i would be punished for not doing the barbique when i got back.
    see you all later
    strappy