Welcome to the forum

Etape du Tour 2014

edited October 2013 in Sportives
Etape du Tour 2014 is the Pau Hautacam stage of the tour, taking place 4 days before the Tour comes through 20th July 2014.
Etape

So takes place in Scouse country. Imagine you do this route before lunch these days dont you Scouse?!

Comments

• Anyone considering this?
  • Short one again I see, organisers r going soft & only 2 climbs ????

;-)
  • This is not a proper etape. Very manageable. Maybe that's the point though?
  • Just looking at flights now
  • I'm on the website now trying to register but looks like registration is actually from tomorrow. Anyone else still interested in this? I like Jame's "very manageable" comment. Makes me feel a whole lot better about giving it a shot!!
  • Hi Gwen,
    I think registration opens tomorrow. I dont know how it is working this year, in previous years only French residents have been allowed to enter directly, overseas entries have had to be via an agent or partner company. The list of partners is on this page Etape
    So if you do struggle with registration it might be worth trying one of them, although they will all try and sell you a package with accommodation included. They usually do entry only packages as well. Last time I did it I used Ronan Pensec who were excellent. Have also used Sporting Tours who werent so good, although apparently they have improved their service and quality of accomodation.
    Good luck, its a great experience riding an Etape.
    Stef
  • Hi there, I have spent quite some time over the last week or so getting to the bottom of all this. I am planning on getting in tomorrow, but have a wealth of knowledge now.
    If you want to chat, let me know and I will whisper you my number.

M
  • edited November 2013
    Ronan Pensec advised me this year to go direct. if you fail, they can still get you in... at a cost of course... I am still deliberating this.
  • Thanks for the guidance. Having looked into the details, the finish is 160km away from the start whereas apparently previous years it has been a straightforward loop. This is a bit of a pain for getting back to the start after smashing our legs up the Tourmalet. I'm certainly not planning on driving all the way to the South of France so I checked with Sporting Tours and all their packages involve transfers back to the start and accommodation etc but at a price I'm not particularly happy with (doesn't include flights)! So unless I can go with a group who can arrange two cars (one at the start and one at the finish) then I don't think I'll bother which is a real shame as I was beginning to get excited!
  • Mark would you mind whispering me your number anyway? Sounds like you have a plan.
  • I think this means I am in

:-O

Dear Ms, dear Sir

Your purchase, done on the 11/12/13 - 12:09 on our web site : http://www.asochallenges.com, for an amount of € 83.00 has been well registered.

Thank you for the trust you have placed in us.
    See you soon.

The A.S.O. Challenges Team
  • Hi there....what a trauma...my email says something different!! and was 95 euros!!! how odd!
    Its not the easist of experiences is it!

Went with Pensec too!
  • Tim's Top Tip of The Day:

nationality = Royaume-Uni !!
  • I cant do this now :( clashes with Kids rearranged holiday.

If anyone wants my entry you are welcome to ride as me for a day and save €83? no doubt do a better job ;-)
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO