Welcome to the forum

Eastern CX League Round 8 - MISTLEY

Mistley is a Marmite course. Set out on a steep hill in a wood below football fields it is a curious one to spectate as riders appear from the trees to ride a little only to be clawed back into the sinister undergrowth. Tim Duckett famously described it as riding in John Innes compost; he’s not wrong. It is a technical course all the way with several challenging climbs and ‘character building’ descents, especially with todays’ loose and damp soil conditions.

I wasn’t feeling my best it must be said, having spent last week in Switzerland I am wondering if you can get a virus from eating chocolate? I was definitely carrying something.

Shelton had a great race starting off fast and staying ahead of me until well out of sight. John (Polak) too went well, slowed when he broke his saddle though. Jon was going like a train too. Theo had an epic battle with James Madgwick of Lee Valley and held him off to take 4th overall in the Senior race, and in doing so placing himself as first Junior.

There was less representation from CCA than normal in other races. The only other one I briefly saw was the Youth race featuring Oli Woolsey. John Cooke was our only vet in that race. Harley Pell bagged first girl (and 6th overall) in her event in which she was joined by Freddie Cooke and Adam Lightfoot (who got 4th). Mark Lightfoot took second in the U10 in which Archie Bracewell raced too.

Hempton next time; I definitely like that one!

CCA results:

Evet/Sen/Jun
4 Theo Doncaster
18 Jonathan Chapman
22 John Polak
48 Shelton Pell
52 Daniel Doncaster

Vets
50 John cooke

Youth
11 Oliver Woolsey

U12
4 Adam Lightfoot
6 Harley Pell
20 Freddie Cooke

U10
2 Mark Lightfoot
15 Archie Bracewell

Comments

• Great ride from Theo. He fessed up that this was his favourite course, and it really showed. 4th overall is a superb result, well done mate.

Daniel - maybe a mild case of cocoa poisoning?

I have ordered a replacement saddle, this time with metal rails. Steel is real and all that. Although they're made from Vanox, whatever that is. Hopefully not a type of cheese.
  • Well done everyone. We were away in Snowdonia but managed to get a local X race in. Looking forward to Hempton despite the drive.

Stuart