Welcome to the forum

Tim's Top Tip for parents at Newport with youth on the track

edited October 2013 in Youth
So uv driven the 3 hours here, son or daughter get their c4 hour session and u enthusiastically wait/ watch them . Well after a few dare I say it , it becomes a tad tiresome....

Fear not, they have just upgraded the gym! Bring ur kit, towel and wash bag (it's not quite Virgin Active ;-) and have a work out steam and sauna ... All refreshed for the 3 hour slog home ...

U join as a temporary member (free) and pay £4.20... Job done... Good equipment as well...

Comments

• ...or ride to Blaenavon in the savage wind ;-)
  • edited October 2013
    I have a couple of nice rides if you can take your bike, otherwise it's one of the most mind numbing sessions you'll ever see at Newport.
    If you want the routes I'm happy to post them.
  • Even better.... Although yesterday's 'breeze' and horizontal rain made the dry treadmill rather more appealling ;-)

But yes, for fairer days, please do post your routes Richard, btw, how the devil are you?
  • edited November 2013
    Hi Skelders,

Very well and still in the City if you fancy a pint, probably best to meet up at the club do on 6/12.

Here is my first route, I know it's short (28 miles) but there's a couple of cheeky little climbs and you have to be prepared to follow your nose a bit as the last quarter is on sustrans route 44. Thus when you descend onto the A4042 you go straight across the R/A and then through Cwbran to get to the route which follows an old canal, you'll need an old bike and Gator Skins, but it's a fun ride.

To get onto the first R/A ride away from the velodrome across the park with the new all weather pitches onto the next road and turn left.

My next route is an extension of this one.

Richard
  • edited November 2013
    Here is the next one, a bit longer at 46 miles and all I can manage whilst the kids are training. This route takes in The Tumble one of the 'Top 100' climbs. Again follow your nose off the top and join the sustrans route when you feel like it. However the run from the summit to at least Pontypool is all down hill and puts a grin on your face if you stay on the main road.