Welcome to the forum

Middle Group Ride on Sunday 5th July

edited June 2009 in Club runs
Hi,

Here is the route for the Middle Group on Sunday: http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/-ashwell/976124604642038792

Short cut back from Therfield for those who only want to do 40 miles. If the weather is still hot then there will be a drink purchase stop in Royston.

Mark.

Comments

• Hi,

Very sorry I failed to make it out today to lead the Middle Group ride. I came down with a virus late in the week that caused a chest infection, confining me to barracks.

We can tackle the planned route another time.
    I hope you all had a good outing.
    Mark.
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks Mark.We will do your route when you are recovered. We had a good pair of middle rides. Andy B. took the main middle group out for 50+ miles and it seemed they did some 19mph av. mike Christie took the club ride.......guess we had 30+ again in all

I took a group of 8 mostly aka nasties, out to Safron Waldon, Ashdon, Balsham, Fulborne, Shelfords, Harston, Barrington, and back through Bassingbourne/Littlington.......some 63 miles at an average of 20mph.
    Some great sections and thanks to Ian F and Alex H in particular for towing us back the last 15 against the wind.

I managed to hang on for once to the finish, mostly 'cos I hid in the bunch and let others do the work
    Thanks guys for a great ride.
  • Hello there all

my name is spence i was out for the first time i hasten to add with the middle group riding with andy b (i think his name was) today

Being my first ride with the Club id like to thank every one i was riding with for the great welcome and encoragement.

Joining a club has been something i have been thinking about for a while and finally got round to taking the first steps today..

I was the one riding the Boardman with the white top on.

Today was also one of the longest rides i have done so far with out a break !!

Once again thanks guys

Spence
  • Spence

Glad you joined us and good on ya mate for getting in on a decent run out.

Whatever you are doing over at Chicksands has stood you well and i expect you will be with the nasties before long.

BTW i had a look on Bikehut and they have indeed got the Voodoo range as you said. Any chance of some discount!!!

Thanks to everyone else for a great ride and look forward to the next one after a brief excursion over a rather large hill :)

James
  • Hi,

I will make a second attempt to lead this route on Sunday. Hopefully see you then.

Mark.
  • 'Whatever you are doing over at Chicksands has stood you well and i expect you will be with the nasties before long'

chicksands is not bad place for balance and power i have been back over there today after work... racing on the 4x track with a few mates.. I ride a lot of north shore too which is good for balance.

im not sure on the nasty group !!!!

discount wise on a voodoo i dont work for halfords i brought my boardman whilst i was there then moved on about two years ago now.. may wstill know a few ppl ill make some calls for you.....

ill definatly be up for another ride on sunday ill see you all there.!!!!
  • Great ride today [12th July]. No rain at any point. Warm and strong wind from the west meant we reached around Duxford at about 20.5mph ave. 18 of us: or rather 17 + Phil Adams...! There was a split at the top of Great Chishill and at Royston. Up to Therfield by the less used hill, over to Luffenhall, Halls Green and back thru Bygrave via a coffee stop at Steve's house [cheers].

Mark's rather lumpy route was clipped here and there - so we never got the full 61. Recommended. I clocked 55 miles at 17.9mph back to Ashwell.

I've added the ride to the CCA list - ride no. 31 - http://www.ccashwell.com/rides.html