Welcome to the forum

track world cup BBC2 14:20

edited November 2013 in General
the track world cup has just started on tele if anyone wants to watch it.

Comments

• Was there yesterday with my family- amazing atmosphere. Also amazing that there was a youngster wearing an Ashwell jersey with his parents just a few rows in front of us!
  • That was us - you should have said hello!! What an amazing evening - wonderful racing and atmosphere, been watching all day today and wishing we were there again!
  • I was waving my CC Ashwell cap like a madman at you all every time you looked behind you or went to get drinks etc! We were in the middle of row K. Great fun.
  • Ha ha thats funny sorry - am blind as a bat!! can't believe none of us saw it!!
  • Sallie, we saw you & Archie on tv!! We were watching it on red button when I noticed you were right in the middle of the shot with Archie wearing his sky cap! Great night to be there though :)
    Gareth
  • You were one side, the two boys in the middle and your wife the other side. Looks like your son took plenty of pictures! Our first visit to the Manchester velodrome, my son and daughter loved it.

Might not travel so far next time to watch the women's omnium... apparently the British women's omnium title will be held at the Gosling stadium, Welwyn for the next 5 years.....sponsored by Kinetic Cycles.....unless the owner was pulling my leg when he told me!
  • Oh no! I'll have a look - Archie will be chuffed!!! It was an amazing evening - so lucky! Got great seats too - we went for Archies 8th Birthday which was last week = he was in a trance - he loved every minute :-)
  • We have loads of pictures - I'll explain the seating arrangements ha ha! Archie B is the 8 year old in the Ashwell Jersey (who cycles for Ashwell in the U10), I am Sallie - his Mum (Archie B's cycle taxi), the man I was with is Lee Holmes who also rides for Ashwell whose wife is a very close friend of mine, and the other little boy is Lee and Unas son who is a very good friend of my son! - are you confused yet? We travelled up together as we all live in Royston :-)

It was a first for all of us but definately not a last - we all had a great time.

I think you may have one leg longer than the other!! ;-)
  • Well Sallie, your son Archie did take a lot of pictures...I was amazed when you you all walked in and he was wearing an Ashwell shirt! Go CCA!

Apparently the Gosling stadium in Welwyn hosted a round of the National Women's Omnium Series this year...Laura Trott is a Welwyn Wheeler and the owner of Kinetic Cycles in Welwyn do have some thing to do with Welwyn Wheelers. They've just opened a shop in Hitchin as well and that's where he told me on Saturday morning that his shop was sponsoring the omnium for the next 5 years. Perhaps he meant just that round of the national series, rather than the national meeting?!
  • He completely insisted on wearing it, he wore it when we went to watch the Tour in London too and one of the Welwyn coaches spotted him! He loves his CCA!

Oooooh keep us posted on that one - v.exciting, must go and see that new bike shop sounds good. I am currently looking for a bike for myself - peer pressure from an 8 year old :-0
  • Ha ha, yes I confirm that Sallie is not my wife :-) and that my actual wife, did know that we were going together!! All looks a bit dodge dunit!! Also, £80 for 3 hours non stop entertainment for four of us, bargain!

Lee