Welcome to the forum

TOUR OF WESSEX 24-26 MAY 14

edited November 2013 in Sportives
JUST SIGNED UP FOR THIS BAD LAD...
The Tour of Wessex is one of the biggest Multi stage cyclosportive in the World. Expect quintisentially English countryside though the lanes and byways of the South West. Each individual stage has its own unique mix of monuments, history and challenging terrain which sets it apart from other events; add the challenge of riding three days back to back and you have truly unique event. Classic climbs include Cheddar Gorge, King Alfreds Tower, Lulworth Ranges, Quantock Common and Porlock Toll Road. Riders can choose to enter the Standard or Medium option for all three stages, entries are are also available for individual stages.
http://www.pendragonsports.com/tour-of-wessex-2014

Comments

• Hi Robbie,

I have signed up as well, have you booked any accommodation yet?
  • Yes. The Ilchester Arms 4m away from the start through booking.com. MC is up for Wessex too...
    have a chat with him he's looking now. Nice one!
  • I fancy the idea of this one......However would not be planning to keep up with the above.

Anyone at my level (if you will admit to being that low) fancy doing this as well?

Adam
  • Blue train in Wessex for 3 epic rides... earning a few shandies after each!
  • you can be the front....I'll be the back....whose for the middle?
  • I'm supposed to be booking this Adam - there's no danger of me keeping up with the above, in fact I am considering the total cop-out distance of 213 miles instead of the full 335 one.
  • First one back... gets the beers in.
  • Won't need to bring my wallet then :)
  • I'm signed up for the Epic on all three days, all be it at a much slower pace than you guys! Hopefully see you there at some point.

Vicky
  • Porlock hill is a beast, something about it being the steepest A road in the UK (?), last ridden on a mtn bike, even then, it was a zig-zag ride at time.
  • Blue train goes Wessex!
  • good luck :)
  • I am also driving down Friday night, hope to get away from work a bit earlier, not sure how long it will take given it's the Friday before a bank holiday weekend and half term!! I am staying in the same hotel as Robbie. I don't have mobile numbers for people but here is my work email so we can exchange numbers.

mhillier@savills.com
  • have a great weekend......
  • I can bring 2 spare wheels... Shimano 12-27.
  • I'm cycling in the Mendips this weekend, based near Cheddar, so will keep an eye out for you all-good luck and bring wet weather gear for tomorrow!
  • Have a good one. Third day looks tough. Save a bit...
  • News in from our boys in Wessex... It's wet. But job done on Stage 1.

null
  • well done guys...hope those smiles are still there after 3rd stage :-)
  • Looking forward to seeing slightly more haggard expressions in tomorrow's picture.
  • Lookin good boys! Did you actually ride today or just get dressed up for the post-event nosh?
  • Have just received this report from Pete...

null

null

null

Good day cloudy and sunny in equal measure (got tan lines on legs). Push to to first feed stop was tough at 70 miles but made the back half easier. Some stunning views and tough hills. Toughest stage to come tomorrow, but all in good spirits and up for it. Off to carb load at the local Italian tonight.
  • Awesome guys
  • Great stuff and fantastic pictures, love that one with the castle. Hope the weather is good for the last day
  • More pics. From Robbie...

null

null

null

null

null
  • Is the caption for the last photograph 'Carry on Sportive'? Oo er missis!
  • Hmmmm .... men in lycra,smiling out of bedroom window = .....#concerned!

Only kidding guys.... sounds like an awesome event, well done!!!!
  • News in from Pete...

null

null

null

null

null

Martin - we are just back, can't see straight. Do some thing with these if you are able. Peter
  • Respect!
  • Well done guys. I survived the full distance for both stages 1 and 2 but my legs decided on the shorter 57 mile route for stage 3 during the ascent of the Quantocks.