Welcome to the forum

MK Bowl club affiliation

edited November 2013 in Road Racing
Hi all, was just wondering how i can go about registering the club again for next years bowl series?
Ive seen that they have been registering clubs already and from what ive read it looks like these clubs could get priority over clubs that havent registered as well as saving five pound on every race. It also looks like the club needs to register a couple of preferred dates that we could provide 4 marshals and a cheque for twenty pound.
Cheers

Comments

• Hi Neil,

Last year Anthony paid the £20 at one of the races, got a receipt and we paid him back. Im quite happy to do that again when anyone is next up there. Or if anyone has a contact we can send a cheque.

As far as i know, last year there was no marshalling requirement. Its entirely understandable, but like all these things the marshalling will have to come from the riders that go. Maybe we could get an idea in this thread of those willing to help out before we make any commitments.
  • Thanks Tim, yea i think we had one meeting this year that they wanted marshals for.
    Im happy to do it as im sure any other regular Ashwell riders would be.
    The only problem i have is the way my shifts are i can make one month but then not the next.
    on the MKCA site they have a form to complete that they ask for preferred dates and to send the cheque in to.
    I think its a great series and would recommend it to anyone that hasnt been.
    Again they are running a 4th cat race at 1800 then the 3/4 and E/1/2 at 1900.
    I found the 4th cat race a great way to get some experience, it stays on the bowl loop and is only 45mins plus 5 lap
  • neil that 4th cat one sounds interesting!!
  • The 2014 Club affiliation form is now available
    It can be downloaded from the link below.
    The MKCA affiliation fees are currently £20 per club for 2014 (pre- AGM).
    Members of clubs affiliated to Milton Keynes Cycling Association will receive a £5 discount on the entry fee (i.e. race entry fees are £15 for unaffiliated club riders and £10 for affiliated club riders).
    Post the completed affiliation form with a cheque for £20 to Richard Selley at 18 Spenlows Road, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK3 6JU.
    Attachment Size
    Milton_Keynes_Cycling_Association_Affiliation_Form_2014 ver3.0.pdf 300.56 KB
  • Thought I would bring this back up, Thursday nights start again in April and it's looking like we could have a few more heading over this year :)
  • Thanks Neil, ill print out the form and sort out payment with James
  • That's great cheers Tim
  • By the way, i had to put down dates that the club could actively support. I guessed…and have put down 12th June as first choice and 19th June as second choice.
    hope thats going to work.
  • Thanks for sorting that Tim, I can make both those dates.
    Shouldn't be a problem.
    Cheers