Welcome to the forum

Hempton cyclo Cross

edited November 2013 in Road Racing
The official result isnt up yet but when i left it looked like Adam L was 2nd in the u10s. Mark L and Harley P were something like 5th and 6th and the vets had a stormer, Stuart 16th, Mark 18th and me 22nd. either we were totally brilliant today or some of the regulars weren't there!
Anyway, will update when the result is out. Great course though, lots of bomb holes, little very steep rollers and all quite sandy not muddy, bike barely needs a clean.

Comments

• Maybe you were using Svennes?

Results not yet up, but from what I know Jackie 3rd woman, Theo a very impressive 3rd overall in Seniors race, I got 3rd elite vet.

Great course at Hempton!
  • Wow, that is terrific. I think CCA like Hempton......theo 3rd!...what a rider
  • An interesting aside - Helen Wyman's parents were doing the sign on today.
  • so...
    under 10
    2nd mark lightfoot

under 12
    6th adam lightfoot
    7th harley pell
    17th felix field

youth
    20th gareth lewis
    22nd noah field

women
    3rd jackie field

vets
    16th stuart field
    18th mark wyer
    22nd tim duckett

seniors juniors elite vets
    3rd theo doncaster
    14th john polak (3rd elite vet and second overall)
    20th john chapman
    45th shelton pell
    48th daniel doncaster

Fantastic results everyone, a great day for CCA, we were equal first club with welwyn! brilliant.
    hope i havent missed anyone.
    I couldnt stay to watch the seniors but would love to have seen theo and john in charge. Harley was looking really good today from what i did see.
  • Also, a pleasure to race with my fellow vets, can always see stuart and mark, can never quite reach them and am always aware that jackie is right behind. talented people!
  • edited November 2013
    It really is a brilliant course. Did anyone see rabbits?

A blinder from Pell senior (again), well done buddy.

Can anyone operate a video camera? I'm thinking a Sveness stylee film of Broomheath...
  • Well done everyone. Great days racing today. Thought it was going to be tricky when told they had reversed the course but it was a really good course. My new bike loved it.

Great support from the afternoon racers.

Thank you for those kind words Mr Duckett. I still have a lot to learn from you. That sneaky move up the inside on the road hairpin was brilliant and must have bagged you nearly 10 places.

Stuart
  • thanks for the surport guys! and well done to everone who raced!