Welcome to the forum

Hi everyone I'm a newbie

edited July 2009 in General
Hi everyone.

I think I got mixed up in the middle of your time trial last night. I have just very recently got my first ever road bike to get back some sort of fitness. I have been running a mountain bike with road tyres on for years. I have lived in Guilden Morden for the last 5 years and knew of the Ashwell cycling club.

After speaking to Vincent F from Guilden who I beleive is one of your Sunday riders I decided to take the plunge a buy a road bike.

I ended up buying a Trek 1.2 double, I know its very entry level but far better on tarmac than my old MTB. I shall be joining the club very shortly and hope to get out on some of the saturday rides as thats were I think I currently fit in.

Last night I gave your time trial route a go just to see how I would hold up and I managed it in 33.35 which I am more than happy with at the moment. Thanks for cheering me on at the finish of yours even though I wasn't actually taking part ;)

Do I need to buy a club jersey to ride with the club, if so how much are they and is there stock of an xxl?

Hope to see you soon

David H

Comments

• Hi David

Glad to hear you're thinking of joining the club - and well done on your TT effort! I was one of the ones cheering you across the line.

You can ride out a few times before you'll have Geoff hassling you to formally join(!) - no need to have a club jersey but there are usually a few in stock if you want one. Tim Skelders is the man to contact.

Hope to see you out one Sunday soon.

Lindsey
  • making me out the ogre Lindsey?? shame on you :-d

you're welcome when you are ready David....enjoy your new bike, it is a good one to get back into road cycling with.