Welcome to the forum

new dream bike...

edited December 2013 in General
Gorgeous Little Wing Complete from No22 Bike Company

Comments

• That is indeed very lovely. Personally i would drop the brooks and put a decent racing saddle on and then would love to bash that round Welwyn. Anyone know what bars they are, look interesting.
  • 3T scatto if I'm correct Tim.
  • ah, scatto, thanks Tom. I quite like those. a lot better than the 3t sphinx which are hideous!
  • It just looks like a Baum to me
  • Does it go as fast as Guy Martin's, Rourke bike! :-)
  • edited December 2013
    Sorry guys but whilst drool worthy the bull sales pitch talks up a compromised design.
    Track is track and road is road. There is no need to design a frame which can accommodate both. 953 stainless is lighter and more comfortable than titanium and carbon gives a stiffer track frame than either. Double butted or triple butted is talk up but standard as thin tubing needs this in order to produce a sufficiently strong frame. Of course they have the top guys to weld titanium. If they didn't have the skills they couldn't put the things together anyway. Nothing out of the ordinary. The marginal difference the sales talk covers up is more than made up by a good rider. Save your money and buy a standard planet x. Spend the money on track time , coaching and training and enter for the national championships. Guarantee you'll place and maybe podium and get a bigger buzz than if you'd spent the extra £2k on the bike.
    Curmudgeonly of Durham 2013 end..........Tim, that is the brooks racing saddle option.
    Happy new year everyone.
  • Ha, curmudgeonly indeed, all good points though, just thought it looked quite nice. Yes, the swallow is the brooks racing saddle but its still heavy and ive never liked the look of it, much prefer the swift if you must have a brooks.