Welcome to the forum

Girls Club Ride...Saturday 25th Jan and Sat. 1st Feb

edited January 2014 in Youth
Paul Proctor and I have been talking about this. I am down for the week so for all those interested like Sophie L. Rosanna M. Hannah C. Holly R. Sophie & Holly P. Bianca V. Lottie & Helena D. Anna W. Anneka G. Daisy L. Harley P. and any other newer club members this ride is for YOU.
I will plan the routes for these 2 rides and am happy to discuss alternative routes for other rides if interested.
We would welcome any other parent riders who are able to come along and help.

The aim is to get all of you to meet and ride with each other. This is purely an opportunity to get these going again as there has been some need for a while. The idea is that eventually you girls will organise rides for yourselves, plan routes you want to ride and ride at the pace you are comfortable with.

This will be a club run NOT a race so it is about having fun and learning to ride as a group with the stronger riders supporting and working for the less fit. All good team work.

I can only make these 2 dates as I have to be in Ashwell. I am hoping that this will kick start these for you.
Let me know if interested.

Comments

• Hi Geoff

That's a really nice idea and kind of you, Harley would like to come along but can only make Saturday 1st of Feb as the 25th Jan is Lea valley circuit series. She would like to know if there will be a cafe stop or possibly that swanky tea room called the Maynards :-)

Shelton
  • Planning a coffee stop if open...part of the route goes through Wimpole. Maybe Rebecca can do a Saturday coffee stop for us after the ride. See Harley on 1st.
  • 'Maynards' can be open on the 1st - although Rebecca will be on her first Jamboree training weekend - so Daniel will step in.
    Remember to bring your £1

Geoff let us know what time you think you will be back in Ashwell

Not sure about the 25th Jan - as Daniel will be at Hog Hill & I maybe on 'logistics' duty as Richard on his coaching course.
  • Thanks Alison......can we book the 1st and we'll sort something for the 25th unless you let us know.....when I know the number of takers I can plan better and let you know approx.time of arrival.
  • Since posting this message I have had several replies. It seems that many are pre-booked on Saturdays. Since I am woefully unfit post DVT/broken leg/torn rotor cuff. I am unable to stay the pace of a good club ride so am happy to sort these rides and fit them to others needs.
    Would Sunday work better for people???
    I will ride Saturdays and Sundays these two weekends as I am down so if either day or one in particular works for you please let me know.
    If we get them going for this period there is a good chance you may be able to continue afterwards.
    Whenever I am down I will let you know so don't think these are your last opportunity.
  • Geoff

Holly is planning to be out both Saturdays - forgot to let you know.

See you soon

Andrew
  • Thanks Andrew....I'm thinking 10am for the ride start. How does this work for everyone. I can make it 9.30 if that works better...just trying to allow for warming up a little if the day doesn't look too warm to start.
    Think that a start from The Three Tuns is best.
  • Any time is ok for us.
  • bringing this back to top..........I will be at the three tuns at 10am. The ride will not be fast...it's a club ride so we will fix the speed and distance entirely by those who are there.
    Hope the weather is kind to us...see you then.
  • Hi Geoff. Last minute thing. Holly is doing Muddy Monster CX over at Welwyn tomorrow morning. 9.15am Start. So will be with you on just the Sunday ride this weekend. Following week will probably do both Sat and Sun with you if still on?
  • see you tomorrow ....Ride starts 10am.

Rides on next weekend 1st and 2nd Feb....both rides start at 10am...all welcome
  • Thanks Geoff. Nasty weather made for harder work. 16/17 miles in the legs. :)
  • glad you enjoyed it Paul.....we rode both days....Andrew and Holly R yesterday...Paul and Holly P today...hope to have more next weekend but must say great grit shown both days by both girls.....was a miserable day today so well done Holly
  • Looking at the forecast for tomorrow Holly won't be out - maybe Sunday if the wind dies down a bit
  • If the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise, we will be there. Wind! out here on the fens we call it resistance training... ;-)

Shelton
  • Thanks Geoff, Harley enjoyed riding both Sat and Sun, and thankyou for giving up your time for making this happen. Hopefully we can make this a regular ride for the Girls and get more interest. Oh Harley confessed that she ate two pieces of cake at the Maynards, Ooops.

Shelton
  • I saw your group yesterday as I was heading North out of Ashwell with my son....very tidy looking bunch fighting into a headwind...well done!

John
  • Thanks Geoff. As Shelton said hopefully this can become a regular event.
  • we try John and by and large the youth have much to impart to the club about tight and well controlled group riding.
    Shelton....Harley was really focused and rode brilliantly.....Good to see Sophie out and Holly P is going from strength to strength...Holly R also...good riding everyone.

Hope you get it working...we need more girls to join in......

I'll be down again so hope it is going well by then.