Welcome to the forum

Bury CX

edited January 2014 in Road Racing
A good course today, surprisingly dry but very tricky in places. It was the last round of the Eastern League and we didnt have as many riders as usual but it was great fun. well done to all who rode.

U 10
Archie Bracewell DNF, hope hes ok, not sure what happened there.

U 12
5 James Fraser
10 Harley Pell
14 Archie Foulkes
15 Sam Daniels
23 Felix Field

Youth
17 Ollie Woolsey
19 Gareth Lewis
23 Noah Field

Women
4 Jackie Field
10 Anna Fraser

Vets
23 Mark Wyer
39 Tim Duckett
47 Pete Daniels
DNF Stuart Field.....Rolled a tub, much tub talk to be had!

Seniors
22 John Polak ( E vet)
47 shelton Pell ( E vet)

Hope i have got everyone! It was also great watching VP for a couple of laps showing me how i should have done it!

Comments

• Great day for racing, lost track of time and not only did I miss gridding but missed the start, watched the race go into the distance whilst removing my leg warmers and taking my jacket off! Doh...

Shelton
  • Hello Tim,

Archie did finish the race - I emailed the organisers to find out about the DNF - it caused no end of chaos in this house I can tell you!!!

The results were updated and he came 14th.

Very well done to everyone - it was great to see so many Ashwell riders, and it was the cleanest the bike has come home in a long time!

Sallie
  • You're very kind Tim, yesterday's race is one I'd rather 'bury' in the ground. It was meant to be the ultimate ding dong for second spot in the league with Philip Peacock, except my head wasn't right and while I matched him blow for blow in be first half, in the second I might as well have not been there.

Still, a good season for our club this year and a brilliant second spot in the League, and what amazing turn outs to all the races. Well done Ashwell!

A bunch of us also rode in the Central League race today, but results not up yet. Will update once I know how we did :). Brilliant course in Welwyn!
  • Ah, thats a shame VP, you were looking great first couple of laps.

Yes, thats a great course at Welwyn, i really enjoyed it earlier in the year, although strangely it was my worst result!