Welcome to the forum

Mistley, end of season team champs.

edited January 2014 in Road Racing
OK folks here's some confirmed Teams, anyone else!?....

Under 12's

Team 1 James Fraser, Adam Lightfoot, Harley Pell,

Team 2 Freddie Cooke, Alfie Duckett, Felix Field

Vets (Elite kind of) Rocking Chair Rebels, Daniel Doncaster, John Polak, Shelton Pell

Comments

• I think Tim, Stuart and I are entering the Vets I have entered on the BC website

Peter
  • Just reminder to all who want to race at Mistley, with the exception of the U12s who can enter on the day, all other entries must be on-line, and the closing date for that is February 3rd.
  • ive Entered and will bring Alfie on the day.

Has anyone emailed the organiser with our team selections?
  • We haven't as we have unresolved artistic differences over our team name :)
  • My youngest, Mark, is keen to get an U10's team together.

He's been offered to join a team with non-CCAshwell riders but would prefer to ride with people from the club. Let me know if you're interested.

Steve L
  • The Fields are all in. Felix will enter on day.
  • If you don't have to be a league member then Joseph is keen to do this. He did a couple of races but didn't affiliate.
  • Don't think league membership is a requirement
  • Looks like we'll have to totally rethink the u10 and u12 teams... The organiser posted this out of the blue tonight:-

"Also just to confirm the U/12 and U/10 will be run as separate races and the best rider from each team in each race will count towards the medals so you can have either 2 U/12 and 1 U/10 or the reverse in each team"
  • Looks like a total cock up on behalf of the organisers, talk about making the rules up as they go along! I wonder why this nonsense doesn't go on in Mtb racing?
  • edited February 2014
    It's not just us who have been wrong-footed either - Welwyn Whlrs had already organised teams for seven U12s and one U10. With the new "rules" they'd be able to make just one team out of that. The organiser has been contacted.
  • Mark Lightfoot and Joseph Hadsley had planned to enter as an U10 team. Joseph would still be available for any rethought combined teams if things stay as they are.
  • Thats all a bit of a shambles! Alfie and I are still coming. Presumably as the kids can enter on the day we can sort out whatever teams we need when we get there?

By the way i have told the organiser that me, Stuart, Mark and Pete are the vets team.
  • Harley would be more than happy to go with Mark Lightfoot and Joseph Hadley. I hope I'm reading the rules right, as I'm confused dot com

Shelton
  • Shelton, as far as I read it we need an under 10 in each team so Mark in one team and Joseph in another. If we could muster another U10 or I assume even an U8 then we could have three teams consisting of two U12s and one U10.
  • Shelton - no, we have more U12s than U10s so it wouldn't be sensible to have two U10s in a single team, as that would reduce the number of U12s who could race.

Let's see how/if the organiser responds tonight.
  • Terry has posted up on FB, and the way I'm reading it, is that we can stay with the original under 12's teams as planned. What does everyone else think? because if we have Mark and Joseph as an under 10 team, this seem's to me that it's pretty much SORTED!
  • Yes, that's what has been worked out behind the scenes... ;)