Welcome to the forum

ECCA 2014 Marshalling duties

edited February 2014 in Time Trial
Here are the duties we have been allocated.

Sun 4th May, 9.00. Road Race, Matching green circuit. 1 Marshal......organiser John Cottee

Sun 22nd June, 05.00. E2/100. 2 Marshals.......organiser Peter Smith

Volunteers Please. Anyone who wants to can help including spouses/helpers of those riding. The onus really is on those who ride ECCA events. As a club we dont really have a pool of regular marshalling volunteers to call on so i appreciate that finding people who want to stand on a roundabout for 6 hours from 5am is difficult.
It is the downside of affiliating to organisations like the ECCA, but if we cant meet our obligations we wont be in the ECCA next year.

Comments

• I can do the 4th of May Tim. 22nd June I am away unfortunately, as I'd quite like to see what kind of a lunatic chooses to ride the 100 ;)
  • As I will probably ride some of the ECCA events I'd like to help out. I think the 22nd June clashes with the Interclub 30? Just going back through previous threads...is it too late to put a marshal forward for other events?
  • Thanks for that John, very helpful.

Justin, you are correct that the 22nd clashes with the IC30. We did have the opportunity to select our marshalling duties but didn't have enough people come forward so sadly are stuck with what we have been given.
  • Hi Tim,

just bringing this back - do I need to reach out to the organizer, or is there a more complicated method of the marshals getting appointed?

Cheers,

JP
  • Im not entirely sure but i think its just a case of bowling up on the day and reporting for duty. I will let you know if i hear any different but feel free to contact the organiser if you wanted to offer anything other than marshalling.
  • Hi people, please see the following message from the ECCA, i need to let them know where we stand asap if anyone can help. Ta.

Hello,
    Your Clubs have been asked to supply three marshals (CC Ashwell two and Welwyn Whls. one) for The ECCA 100 Mile Time Trial on 22nd June.
    The requirement is to supply three marshals to direct riders at Four Went Ways roundabout (52.2m)
    One at the start of the slip road (southbound) to direct riders up to roundabout and two on the roundabout to direct riders round and back onto the northbound A11.
    They will need to be in position by 7.10am.
  • Stewart Woolsey, Cams dad has very kindly offered to marshal the ECCA 100, we just need 1 more to accompany him on the roundabout and we are good. Anyone?
  • We are at Plomesgate grass track, else I would...
  • I was hoping to ride for us at the IC 30 as mentioned above but I'm happy to marshal with Stewart on the 22nd
  • Justin, thanks for the offer. It would be good as one of our fastest riders if you could ride the IC30. Is there anyone not planning on riding the IC30 that could marshal?
  • If you still need someone,me and jack are more than happy to help
  • Julie and Jack, that would be wonderful, very kind of you to offer and it means that Justin, our fastest tt'er at the moment can boss the IC30. Ill pencil you in and give you more details when i have them.
  • edited May 2014
    No problem Tim. I'm looking forward to it