Welcome to the forum

Muddy Monsters CX round 6

edited February 2014 in Road Racing
Saturday saw round 6 and the last round in Ashwell of the Muddy Monsters series. The weather was a bit on the extreme side with gales and some intense blustery showers, the worst of which hit us just as the under 10s started their first race. Its amazing how resilient some of the kids are most of them still managed 3 races. numbers were not surprisingly down a bit but we still had over 30 riders.

Holly Proctor and Archie Foulkes both rode in the combined u12/14. In the 1 lap race Archie was 3rd and Holly 2nd and in the 3 lap race Archie was 2nd and Holly won!

Archie Bracewell (u8) rode in the combined u10/8 and came 5th in the 1 lap and 10th in the 2 lap.

Archie B, Holly and Archie F then all rode the chaos that was the 1 lap handicap, coming 17th, 8th and 7th respectively.

Well done riders, some gutsy stuff there.
I didn't manage to get any pictures as i was judging and it was a bit weathery for taking pictures. Did anyone take any?

Comments

• I have some pics - I'll mail them over to you.

It was tough for the riders on Saturday the weather was against them (again!) I have to say they have had most weather/conditions thrown at them over the last 6 races but they all just get up and carry on - great to see.

Thank you also to you, Lyndsey, Mark W and Barry (?) for getting these things up and running and being there for the kids no matter what the weather!

Archie had a great time although he said cycling into hail stones hurts a bit!!!
  • edited February 2014

• How do you attach photo's ?
  • You need to upload your pic to a hosting site like imageshack or imgupr ( great from mobiles) then copy the direct link, click the img button and paste in the box.
  • Holly chasing Holly, with Holly in pursuit!