Welcome to the forum

Langford bike ride

edited February 2014 in Sportives
See below....a nice one for the intro riders?

This Langford will be holding its 3rd Annual Cycle Ride on the 30th of March at 9am. The 22 mile course is all country roads an is essentially and out and back route to Cardington. We are hoping for 80 competitors this year with an increasing percentage of serious cyclists. It is not the Surrey 100 but we have marshalls, route marking, good facilities, showers and award winning cakes as refreshments.

I know there are a number of competing activities for a club of your size and scope but some of the membership would an enjoy a race of this kind. We raise money for the local childrens groups (cubs, guides, youth cricket etc). The entry fee is £10 and this includes tea and cake after the race.

This is fixture in the village calender but we want to attract more and more cyclists from the area and make this a much bigger event (introduce timing, sponsorship etc..). There are some serious cyclists in the village the pace was fast last year.

I have attached the relevant documents. Any help or guidance you can give us in helping make the event a success would be gratefully appreciated. I have been to many excellent and established running races that have started from very humble beginnings.