Welcome to the forum

Maldon X on the Prom

edited February 2014 in Road Racing
Think this really will be the last X race of the season. CCA was represented by the Fields -1 and Mark W. It was a small turn out relative to the eastern league but apparently one of their best years.

The course was very flat but had a variety of features including single track, road, open fields, some very muddy sections, logs and some steep pull ups. The wind was also a feature and making headway into it was tough going.

Noah went off first in the mixed youth Ladies and novice race and got his first podium place in 3rd.

Jackie opted to go in the men's race which was an hour. This turned out to be over 1hr 10 for all of us which was tough going in itself as we are used to the 40-45 mins in the eastern league. Mark and I were together for most of the race but he had the edge in the second half and came in about 20 seconds in front of me to finish 13th. I was 14th and Jackie was a minute and a bit back in 16th.

I think the organiser is hoping this venue will be included in the Eastern league next year and I think this would make a great addition to the programme.

Stuart

Comments