Welcome to the forum

London Phoenix 100

edited February 2014 in Sportives
Entries open for this years easter classic

http://www.londonphoenix.co.uk/easterclassic/

Last year this was good fun and a touch brisk.

Comments

• Thanks Tom. I've entered this brilliant sportive. Recommended.

See you there.
  • Always a winner! But always puncture 4 out of 4.
  • Entered. Blue train again….
  • I'm in...better get fit!
  • Not far off... Places still available.
  • ....and me
  • And don't leave MC behind at the tea stop again!!
  • James, I think you meant "MC, don't get left behind at the tea stop again!"

And I've entered, BTW
  • Looks dangerous!
  • Entry list now stands at 185 riders for the long route. From CCA we have:

Tom D, MC, Shaun, Daniel, Tim, James Dow, Peter G, Martin H, Phil K, John L, Robbie, Nathan, Robert R, me:)

Anymore for the blue train?
  • Anyone recommend any tubs for this event?!!
  • I know you are only stirring John :-) but seriously I definitely recommend clinchers for this......always a puncture magnet and one year I did it some nutter spread tacks on a flat section 2 thirds way through the ride. no way back with tubs.
  • FDFD
    edited April 2014
    Sshhhh, don't say the dreaded p-word....I honestly don't think it matters what I use....had 2 rear flats yesterday in the south Herts lanes.....glass shard and thorn.....with brand new Conti Grand Prix 4 Seasons and latex tubes....could be the 16 stones I weigh?! :-)
  • VITTTYRF272 - Vittoria Open Pave CG Tyre my preference. Have ridden these on all road bikes for 6 years and only 3 P........s. Rode 4 miles across made up road from my farm to Tan Hill with no problems. 24mm and good rolling resistance. Great cornering grip good in wet and dry. Virtually bomb proof and on offer from ribble at £33.50 down from their normal £43
  • Thanks for the suggestion. Ribble out of stock at the moment....Wiggle list price £54.50....£47.96 with discount!
  • OUCH.....sorry you missed them John. Glad I've got 3 sets in good nick...looks like I'll need a second mortgage next time. :-)
  • I'm in!
  • What time are we looking to register and start?

By 'we' I mean the Blue Train....plus me hanging on to the last carriage for dear life!

John
  • aim to arrive/meet at carpark at 8.30?
  • Starts 8.30-9.30….. maybe we set of later in the hour rather than at 8.30am?
  • edited April 2014
    I am aiming for getting there at 8.30, there was a bit of a queue for signing on last time.
    3 pals are joining me from up north, looking at steady 17's so maybe a bit slow for the blue train, last year I tapped out at 40m and only caught Robbie up as he punctured, which was quiet amusing after being dropped :)
  • I will get there for 8.30, register and go with the flow - steady 17's sounds about right though.
  • I have (probably foolishly) also signed up.

Only joined recently so still no blue jersey to join the 'blue train' but maybe a nice orange will fit in?

Alex
  • sure someone will lend you one on the day Alex. Good luck everyone...missing the train. Will be up for it next year. Have a good one.
  • See you all 8.30 in the signing in queue...
  • I'll be there, did it 2 years ago in the pouring rain and loved it, I won't be able to keep up with the blue train for long but maybe a couple of other riders will be my speed,