Welcome to the forum

Crest CC Spring RR

edited March 2014 in Road Racing
67 mile 2/3/4 rolling out of Great Chesterford (tee hee), first race of the ERRL this season.

A good start for CCA in the road races! An early break of 6 left at the end of the first lap, working well together and with some strong riders, they stayed away till the end, only shedding 2 riders in the process and at one point having 4 minutes on the main field. The pack were disorganised, nobody wanting to do any work on the front, no teams really working together to get something together at the front, nobody rolling through. We just pootled around for a couple of laps, then a few of the smaller, thinner looking types shot up the hill causing a pretty knackering chase, but we all regrouped on the drag after the descent. Anthony managed to get away in a chase group with a couple of strong riders, one lap later I saw that they were coming back and popped off of the front to bridge to the group (up a hill, weird, I know) and tell them that the pack were being useless which seemed to give them a bit of an incentive to work together and get away again. The addition of a fairly fresh Luke Morgan gave us a few strong riders to keep away for the last couple of laps.

As our group got to the bottom of the hill for the last time we went past the 2 riders dropped by the front group and watched Luke disappear off the front, followed by a couple of other riders, Anthony and myself coming in 12th and 13th.

Neil controlled the pace on the front of the pack allowing me to bridge across when I made my effort, and finished at the front of the pack too, who were only a minute or so behind us. A good debut for his tubs too, they stayed on for the whole race. Always useful. Looking forward to the next one!

Comments