Welcome to the forum

202 days off the bike.

edited March 2014 in General
202 days off the bike. A little too much beer & vodka allied with the dreadful food in Mongolia = less than optimistic.

So, how does it feel?
Having not added much weight, maybe 2kg, up to 160lbs, but having lost considerable muscular structure, plus not really having not done anything in the way of long walks or any physical training, let alone cycling in those 202 days, I was a little apprehensive, truth be known. I ain't getting any younger!

In fact, I'd been off the bike for some 7 weeks in the summer after leaving the UK in the summer, when I took a mtn bike ride in the Gobi and low Alti mtns in early August (http://tinyurl.com/o3rbswv) but that was a distant memory.

Well, truth be told, not as bad as I anticipated, though my old quad tear (?) twitched a little, three times, which is a poor development. Heart & lungs seemed to still on good terms & still talking to each other which was a real concern, though I kept the HR steady. 1hr 40mins in total.

Ask me how my back, triceps and butt are in the morning and I might not be such a happy chappie!

A couple o' weeks and I might venture out on a weekend or a Wednesday ride just in time for a return to Mongolia and China.
Tim

Comments