Welcome to the forum

Welwyn Track League 2014…Dates

edited March 2014 in Road Racing
Just a heads up…track league starts on 25th April. There will be 2 track league training sessions on 4th and 11th April. These sessions are for experienced riders only.

If you want to ride Track League but are not accredited you will need to do some training sessions pretty soon. Im not quite sure when and what these are, probably best to contact WW.

The track league registration form is on this page..registration form.

Comments

• Looking forward to it!

Are those two "track league training sessions" just like the normal monday sessions but on a friday?
  • I did one last year and it was similar to a normal track league, a bit of warming up and then a few of the normal style races but with fewer people.
  • Track League! Can't wait!
    Which tubs are people using?
  • That's not the important question any more theo
  • Which chain lub are people using?
  • Well actually I'm glad you asked because I coated my track chain in paraffin wax.
  • This season, i will be mostly using...ahem, cough, looks at the floor....clinchers.

Mark F is borrowing my mavic elipse clinchers shod with Ultremo zx for a trip to Newport which is great because i will get to find out if they will stick to a wooden velodrome before i use them myself on London. Thanks Mark!
  • I've only ridden 80 miles in the last six months so I'll be riding very slowly at Newport... So if those tyres are sticky enough to keep me upright next week they'll certainly keep you out of trouble!
  • Tim, your Ultremo ZX tyres were fine at Newport yesterday, even when riding around the top of the banking at my (obviously) modest speed. I'd definitely be happy to fit a pair of those to my own wheels. Thanks for the loan.

My head remembered what to do on the track but my legs had clearly forgotten...
  • Mark: See you at track league.
  • For anyone who wants to ride track league at Welwyn be aware that new process is being introduced for training this season

In summary - pre registering is going to be required for Novice sessions
    Novice sessions start on April 5th BUT will be limited to 24 riders & are in a block of four sessions - the sessions are progressive & you must attend a week 1 session to attend week 2....
    Developer sessions will be limited to 40 riders and are aimed at those who want to move into racing only

From 12th April there will also be some women only sessions (14 years & over) . These are for novices & developers - the link for more information on these sessions is on the Welwyn website.

Also note, that as of April 2nd - Wednesday sessions at Welwyn are for Welwyn club members only