Welcome to the forum

Club run review - Sunday 19th July

edited July 2009 in Club runs
More fast/medium than Medium/Fast today. A good advert for always trying to get a middle ride leader organized beforehand [sign up here: http://tinyurl.com/middleride ]. All that said, it was a great route by Geoff: into the wind to Old Warden, Maulden, Haynes, Flitwick, Harlington, Sharpenhoe Clappers, Lilley, Knebworth, Aston, Walkern, Slip End 76 miles at 18mph+. One to map out Geoff. Lots of big showers and bit of sun. Swirling wind. The mix of abilities and distance split the original 13 into pieces over time. Maybe it's not a problem once in a while? I think everyone got something out of it. Something being wet feet.

Phil Adams went early on with a damaged tyre. And Andr

Comments

• Sod Contador, wot about Wiggo???? go Brad, go Brad, go Brad... wen woz the last Londoner in the top 3 of the Tour??? (if ever??)
  • RIGHT ON TIM....WHAT A BRILLIANT RIDE BY TWIGGO.......Thanks Martin for comments..was a testing run for some and am sorry some fell back..didn't intend it to be fast medium but as Martin says it was.........given better weather and no incidents we could have been back for 1.15.hey-ho..don't know how John and Ray came to be passing us in the opposite direction...any clues??
  • geoff
    I went on the road you sent passed stagenhoe to codecote rd thru to hitchin on to clifton got back about the same time you guys,total soaked feet like pools of water anyway glad i didnt get of the bike going up the sharpenho clappers hill this time but i might have walked up quicker,very pacey ride i enjoyed it.See you next week if your on the 100 miler.
    strappy.
    top ride by wiggi...
  • Me and Sam (not ray, although that could stick) dropped off the back on the fast decent early doors and never got back on. We ended up in gt barford then up to the a421 and along that for a junction. Something I wouldn't do again in a hurry. Making our way back past broom and hinxworth. just shy of 60 miles back home and showered before the heavens opened!
  • many thanks to those lads who bailed me out! forgive me if I can't put names to faces :) My daily diet of short hard rides didn't really prepare me for the near epic yesterday, 96 miles which I didn't have the heart to stretch to 100. New tyre and tubes ordered, was hoping to stretch the old ones out until my next retirement ;)
  • Meant to thank Geoff yesterday for the great route. In a strange way the weather added to it. The Clappers were a nice touch.

Tony
  • Hi Jon.sorry Sam....That must have been Everton Hill........apologies..we do tend to race down that one..scary for a first time and for once no train at the crossing to wait for..........100 miler at club pace this coming Sunday....

Glad you liked it Tony......you are going well as is Vincent....I couldn't keep with you on the big climbs..awesome.......I'll have to lose even more weight..and years
  • It's funny how memorable this ride turned out. It is also very rare for me to go well after 50 miles. Tim, Tony and I had a bit of a thing going towards the end and Tim and I followed Tony on a bumpy route to Baldock rather than flying back to Ashwell. 86miles in all. Very pleased with that.
    Pity i missed out on last week's ride. Clearly starting to improve.
    Tony that was some turn you put in at the end. Looking good for the tour of the cornfields.

Regards,
    Vincent