Welcome to the forum

CCA Hardriders TT this Sunday 23rd March 2014, sign-on 9am

edited March 2014 in Time Trial
The Hardriders TT is this coming sunday and it looks like the weather is going to break just in time!

2 laps of the 10 circuit. Usual start and finish points. First rider off at 9.30.
To prevent annoying the Tuns and frightening the locals with pointy hats and rumbling discs, we will do the signing on at the concrete pad at the finish line. I will be there from 9.00 for signing on. This will be on a first come, first served basis and will be open to non CCA riders. CCA riders £3, guests £4. We have a 30 rider limit.
All riders welcome, you just need a bike and the ability to ride for 20 miles.

I can do it all on my own and we don't have to have any marshals, however a pusher offer and a marshal at Wrestlingworth would be very useful if anyone would like to volunteer.

Some dos and donts…..

don't all congregate at the start and spill into the road. Go and warm up or if you are at the start keep well off the road.
At the finish keep off the road and don't bother the time keeper
Do keep your head up at all times.
Dont exceed the speed limit in Guilden
do be courteous to other road users and stop and give way if you have to.
Do look out for potholes, the course isn't too bad but there are some in Guilden and after Eyeworth.
Do be careful on the corner in Ashwell before the start. It is gravelly and i don't intend to sweep it.

Comments

• Tim,

Only just seen this, I will be riding all being well and as offered before Libby will marshal, just let me know what you need from her.

Luke
  • Me and Robbie will be there.

Forecast improved. Looks dry.

My goal is to beat the hour. I'd better put my danish pastry down.
  • I am going to be there too, hopping about on the concrete pad at 10 to 9, so as I can score an early start slot. I got a pass on the promise that I will be back by 11. That means 11.30 :)

I think.

If the weather carries on like this there won't be anything hard about it. Except maybe getting home late.
  • knotted hanky over the air-vents - yes I'll be there.
  • Not sure why I am contemplating this! The hard bit to me would be the 2nd lap!
  • Cling film, Robbie. That's what all the pros are doing. I'm not around unfortunately... Racing and working in Scotland this weekend...
  • I will pop over though not riding the event, I will sweep the corner before the start and the last turn, I will also marshal it, just so no one gets tempted to go on to Dunton.

Shelton
  • Great, thanks Shelton. Libby is going to do Wrestlingworth so stopping the "straight onto Dunton" folks and sending them down Northfields would be good.
  • Tim, I can give you a hand with the timing at the start so you can do the push offs.
  • Hardriders are welcome to come & enjoy some of Rebecca's Coffee & Cake after the TT.

(Tim will point you in the right direction if you don't know where we are)

Assuming the weather is kind we will be in the garden
  • cling film over the air vents will.... i might try kitchen foil, at least that way when i post a rubbish time people might mistake me for daft punk.
    grease proof paper another option if it looks like rain.
  • Looking good...

• Thats a fantastic picture!

Thanks David that will be very helpful but shouldnt you be riding?
  • Planning on being there. Hopefully we'll be lucky with the weather, it looks blustery at the very least.
  • what the !-(#
    who did that to the weather?