edited July 2009 in General
As we all know its difficult to get the rides right
I think a few got left behind last week
So this sunday..........

Geoff has 100 mile ride starting 08.30
Bob will have a club run from 09.00 as usual

Andy and I will do an "alternative club run"
about 50 miles at 17mph about 3 hours
so a bit longer and only slightly quicker / not suitable for " beginners" or need to get back
Andy does the route at my aerobic heart rate

someone else to pick up medium / others
( as Geoff on 100 mile )

The "alternative club run" will be controlled
those going off the front will find we have turned off at the last junction rather than chase
so mediums should go with the medium group
will be looking to get back together
( well apart from the sprint )

Lets see if this helps
( probably not )

James

PS subject to change on the day of course :-)

Comments

• Hope it works out... I'll be thinking of you all while I tackle 33 degrees heat and the local club!! 8-)

I'll let you know how the Portugese club organise their Sunday rides as well ... could be Very interesting as I join them!!! I believe I've been roped into the nasties for a 100K jaunt over the hills :-) ouch!

see you soon...
  • 82 mile club run which turned into a nasty boy outing in the hills ! first hill I proudly dropped my portugese friends by a country mile.... but then there was another one..... and another one.... and another one... they just kept coming and yes I was dropped (along with a few others) managed to stay in touch with help and we regrouped after 3560 feet of climbing, including a 17% climb (ouch!) .... it was then one of the steepest, fastest decents I've ever experienced (bottled it and used my brakes but still hit 46 mph!) - Jon S, you'd have loved it - then it was winding it up back home... fantastic ride, over 34 degrees heat, and a great bunch of guys who made me very welcome. couldn't understand a bl@@dy word they were saying mind you ;-)

finally bonked on my solo ride back to base and had to sit under a tree with my cakes and juice!! Glad the locals missed that one!!
  • Hi,

8 of us started out with Max at a brisk pace. Baldock and Weston way. I had to turn back fairly early and at Cromer came across an organsied ride (not the London to Cambridge that Geoff and Co. saw). I hooked up with a rider and found out it was the London - Edinburgh - London ride. I naively asked how many days. 116 hours was the reply! 600 riders had just started on an audax that is longer than Paris -Brest - Paris and some were pressing on at a fair old pace. They would have had an uncomfortable wet old time last night. The route took them to Ashwell and Gamlingay before heading further north. Look out for them coming back towards the end of the week.

Mark.