Welcome to the forum

Chain Gang 2014

edited April 2014 in Chain gangs
Is it time yet? It may be a tad early, but Jon and I will be out at 18:00 tomorrow for 2 or 3 fast laps.

Comments

• I'll be out next week
  • Racing Wed afternoon, but might spin out if I can.
  • A few of us were talking about this on the Saturday ride - we'll be looking to start the intro gang up again soon as well, probably after Easter though - can't wait!
  • Anyone else coming?
  • Will it always be at 6?

I could make the occasional one if at 7.
  • Normally it starts at 6:30 but a few people start at 7.
  • Ah, but does it finish at 7.30? That would be the deal breaker.
  • If you do 3 laps it'll finish bit before 8
  • Only just seen this or I would have been out.
    Happy to start doing a few laps again when shifts allow tho.
  • Is it 6.00pm at the Three Tuns? If so I am setting off soon.
  • Someone please post details of the route, as I think I'd be better off joining somewhere other than Ashwell.

I could be there next Tuesday if, and this is a big if, Canyon pull their finger out. Or I could be there on a TT bike :D Run for your lives!
  • Found the route here:

http://www.ccashwell.com/club-runs.html

That works great, as I can come in from direction of Bassingbourne, go clockwise, do a Uey when I spot the blue tornado and hop on or die trying.
  • Couldn't make this week but will be up for it next Tuesday
  • for those people who weren't as fortunat to have been taught how to do a chain gang at rsr's here is a good website explaining how to ride one. i would admitt they have gone over board but you'd get the idea.
  • edited April 2014

**Except we simply go in the other direction because we are on the left hand side of the road
  • ...And as I remember Tim pointing out: we stay on just one side of the white lines in the UK!

I will be doing a few chain gangs the other side of easter. Looking for a smooth group starting at 20mph and seeing if anything can happen from there - without busting it up.
  • 1800 at the Tuns for 3 laps
  • I'll be there
  • Should be there!
  • By popular request chain gang will starting at the normal time of 18:30 from tonight onwards.
  • that's until they realise the pain you are going to inflict Theo :-)
  • unfortunately I can't come tonight