Welcome to the forum

MSG Carver Barracks Round 2

edited April 2014 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Great racing today at this new not open to the public venue. Full report later when results are published later

Results I can remember
Open male
Me 20th
Shelton 31st

Juv
Noah 5th

Female Vet
Jackie 4th

Comments

• 78th for me haha good result for me and my second ever race though seeing as i came 86th last time! :p
  • Is that the Carver Near Saffron Walden?
    Great results but what is it? MTB?
  • Well done one and all. Quite a weekend all in all!
  • Results update

Good turnout for CCA. MSG is a mountain bike series based in the eastern region. Today was the 2nd in the series and was at Carver barracks near Saffron Walden. Like the CX events some of the events are hosted by local clubs. This one was run by Walden Velo and was very well organised. The course was challenging and sustained. It would make a great CX course with a few minor modifications (the A line drop followed by a small gap jump)

The reults are provided by time laps and are very efficient.

In addition to the above results

Harley Pell was first girl. With her time she would have been 6th in the boys race.

Felix was 21st Nathan Hardy was 25th

Jackie was 4th Vet lady racing on Felix's bike (mechanic will be getting his marching orders)
  • edited April 2014
    Oi Stuart, I came in 30th! I know its only one position but if I was on Jeremy Clarksons Top gear it may of been counted as a wet lap, ha :-). Thanks for pointing out Harley's position as from what I understand the Girls were set off approx 2 minutes after the Boys, whoop whoop ....
  • It appears i misread the the screen at carver as just looked at timelaps and im 79th lol still better than 86th :)
  • Great riding all you crossers. I might have to dust off the old hardtail and come and have a bash at one of the MSGs at some point.

Open Male rather than the Vets category?