Welcome to the forum

RESULTS - OPEN TIME TRIALS WEEKEND ROUND-UP+ where are you?

edited May 2008 in General
First - well done to Paul french for riding the Norland 50 mile TT on Sunday at Tempsford (F1 course). Seemed like a hard morning riding the x 2 legs towards Buckden Rbt (North). Paul did 2hrs 11min and 9 seconds. No other riders except myself as second claim (2hrs3min9sec). Will keep posting any Ashwell results I can find on this forum. Winning time was an incredible 1hr 48.35 by Barry Charlton (one of the UK top riders). Spoke to him after and he said he wasn't going well!

Events this week - Saturday - North Road CC 12/25 at Guilden Morden (see below)
Sunday - North Middx and Herts CA 50 at Tempsford

Now - just received the North Road 12mile/25 mile Open TT start sheet for Saturday (which is based from Guilden Morden) and just one CC Ashwell rider (congrats to Angus) and me as 2nd claim (sorry if there are any other 2nd claim I have missed) - but that is it. Now we did try to stimulate some interest on this forum but to no avail. This Club needs to do better. We all watch the Tour and see the benefits of riding well in Prologue, individual and Team TTs (when included) so you can see why both Road Racing and TT are interdependent at top level. Have a look at www.ctt.org.uk. Please comment on this and discuss.

Club evening 10s are happening (I think) - June sometime.

Malcolm

Comments

• There's also Robbie Laughton on saturday hiding under the club name of Cycle Club Ashwell! A minute behind you Malcolm, time to check the contact lense prescription!
  • You are right (sorry Robbie!). Probably get caught by Robbie then Ian Cammish (sure I can hold Ian off for at least a couple miles).