Welcome to the forum

News of CCA success in N&DCA TT

edited April 2014 in Time Trial
Saturday was the first race of the season in a 10 event series run by Northants and District Cycling Association, the final race being organised by our club on the Brogborough F15/10 course in September.

Richard Glover and myself were representing the club in Saturday's race (18.7 mile on the NC14 at Middleton). A great sporting (2 lap) course with a very testing hilly section, conditions were cold with a biting and unfavourable wind.

Having nearly got hypothermia in desperate conditions faced in his first race at the RTTC in March, Richard was somewhat nervous on the day but this time better prepared for the cold and eased to victory in his age-group over his main rival David Birch who had come 3rd in the RTTC national the week before.

I also won my age-group moving up from a regular placing of around 6th in the 3 N&DCA races I entered last season.

Richard Glover (Z cat) +7:34
James McKenzie (Y cat) +5:27

Full results available in due course on N&DCA website http://www.northamptondca.org.uk/

The next race in the series is on April 26th on the N1/10 at Sawtry, still time to enter that.

It would be great to see a few more club members coming along to some of these excellent races.