Welcome to the forum

Corley cycles/Abbeygate development series

edited April 2014 in Road Racing
Thursday night MK bowl series starts this Thursday

Comments

• Hoping to get to some of these this year, won't be this week though
  • the cat 4 only being 16 miles is quite interesting. will it be like that for the rest of the year??
  • Change of plan, I'll be there tonight to do the 3/4. Hope to see some other CCA riders there too.
  • Neil is going and I'm hoping to be there, work dependant.
  • Neil, Luke and I all did the 34 last night. A few people tried attacks on the climb during the first half of the race (around the bowl only) but none stuck and it was all together quite calm. They opened the gate to the car park at half distance which had the effect of really stringing the peloton out as we came back onto the bowl. That bottom part of the bowl had a headwind so there were plenty of gaps there each lap from people not pushing it enough through the last bends in the car park and then struggling into the headwind. It always bunched up again at the bottom of the climb before someone would have a go at trying to break. No real breaks formed although I think someone managed to get away within the last couple of laps to win. Neil was well placed going into the last few laps and was pleased with his sprint, probably getting a position somewhere between 5th and 10th (not seen any results yet). As we came into the bowl for the last time I was about 2/3 of the way down the group with Luke on my wheel. Although there was a slight pause before the sprint opened up, neither of us were able to move very far up into contention so came in towards the back of the slightly reduced field. We both felt pretty positive about the result though, after having had somewhat indifferent results at the bowl in the past.

Cam was also there, riding in the E12. I saw two small breaks from their race (both groups of 4 I think) pass our bunch riding strongly but didn't see any other of their race than that. How was it Cam?
  • 10th for me this week, thought id managed a few more places than that but was hard to tell as we caught a group of the E,1,2s coming into the finish. I got myself a bit boxed in and had to ease off before the line but overall was just happy to be feeling good again. Great races over at the bowl, hopefully some better results to follow :)
  • Two groups off the front in the E1,2 came in with the main bunch not sure where though...
  • Dan is looking to ride the race this Thursday (24/4/14) but it's likely that Alison and I won't be able to get back from work in time to take him and his bike.

If there is anyone going from the village or passing through on the way please could we grab a lift for him?

Cheers,

Richard
  • Only just seen this. I think I am going straight from work but if it changes I can let you know, it will just be a bit last minute that's all.
  • Thanks Luke - I 'll whisper our phone numbers to you - just in case