Welcome to the forum

Club 10's 2014. Important and exciting news, please read!

edited April 2014 in Time Trial
Ok, so the 10's will start on 7th May. Usual time and place, first rider off at 7.00. 30 places available, first come first served. £3 for club members, £4 for non members.

Firstly the boring bit….as ever we need people to run the races, preferably 2 timekeepers and a pusher offer. Remember, if there is only one timekeeper they will have to close the event at 22 riders so they can get to the finish in time. If there are no timekeepers the event will be cancelled. Here is the doodle, please put your name down to help..Club 10 helpers.

Now the exciting bit….James MacKenzie has come up with some ideas to spice up the evening 10s and make winning a trophy accessible to all. The details are below and James ideas should make for a really great 10's season for all.

CC Ashwell Wednesday evening 10 series

The following changes are to be introduced for the club 10 series 2014 season:

3 Existing trophies

Male
Female
Junior

These will continue to be run on a time basis but will be calculated as each rider’s best 4 times added together instead of just their single best time – lowest aggregate wins.

2 New trophies

Vet (male & female combined)

This will also be run on a time basis over rider’s best 4 times added together but allowing for age-related handicaps in accordance with VTTA standards. Each rider’s actual time for the week will be subtracted from their “standard time” to give a + or – difference. The highest aggregate Nett difference will produce the winner.

For the 2014 season only those riders born in 1969 or before will be eligible. Each rider’s standard time will be for age equal to current year minus year-of-birth. E.g a 49 year old whose birthday is on the last day of the year would get a 50 year old’s standard time.

VTTA standards can be viewed in tabular form by visiting http://www.vtta.org.uk/information/standardstables.php

Northfield Handicap

This will be a points-based system which will adopt a straightforward formula. Each rider will be given a handicap equal to the difference between their best time from the previous or current season (BEST), and the overall club best time from the previous or current season (SCRATCH). A rider’s handicap will change if they improve their BEST or any rider improves the SCRATCH. Each week the top 10 after handicap deductions will be awarded points (20,15,12,9,7,5,4,3,2,1). Over the course of each season the rider achieving the highest points total will win.

Each week the ‘best on handicap’ rider (20 pts) will gain a free entry for the following week.

All competition and trophies eligible to CC Ashwell first-claim members only.

Comments

• Well done James & Tim for adding an extra dimension. Can we add youth boy and youth girl categories too please? There are a number of 12-16 yr old youth riders who are likely to ride the club 10s this year, and that would be added encouragement for them.

Mark
  • Sounds great. Well done guys. In a bid to encourage some 'helping out', would it be possible to award nominal handicap points to those who take a week off racing to assist with time keeping etc?
  • Vet and female combined! does that mean Harley and I could possibly win a trophy?? ;) Ha. Change of club course? has anyone thought of adding another course to the evening 10's, only I don't know the in's and outs of listing new courses, i.e CTT and the notifying the police etc. New course? Wrestlingworth/Wimpole, turn left out of Wrestlingworth down to Wimpole and turn at roundabout and proceed back to Wrestlingworth turning left at cross roads finishing Guilden Morden side. One suggestion that I would like to see is the evening 10's course marshalled at least one person,i.e Wrestlingworth cross roads. This works for Team Cambridge as all club members wishing to ride a club TT must marshal one of the evening 10 courses.
  • Sounds like a good way to jazz things up a bit - looking forward to it.

I fully agree with Matt's suggestion about rewarding those kind enough to take a week or two off entering to ensure that this event runs each week.
  • That's great! Only 2 more years and I can ride with the Vets - hurrah! I'm not time trialling this season (long story) so very happy to help out lots as I'm just up the road and I enjoy it. I'll have a look and put my name down.
  • Oh, just realised my daughter has gymnastics most Wednesdays so will need to check the gymnastic rota first! doh.
  • Just a reminder that the club 10's start tomorrow, details all above and James will be there with all his tables and formulas!!