Welcome to the forum

Yorkshire Dales

edited April 2014 in General
Met up with geoffg on Wednesday for a ride through the dales. Bubkden, Thoralby, Aysgarth, Bainbridge, Marsett Lane, Crag Side Road , Burtersett, Hawes, Gayle, Fleet Moss, Deepdale. Fanstastic ride in lovety clear weather through the most beautiful countryside. 3 cat 2 climbs, about 40 miles in all. Truly humbling to think that the tour will be racing up places where I struggle just to get to the top. A wonderful long descent back into Buckden at the end. They are all going bike crazy up there in advance of the tour -- when the road mending crew saw us coming they stopped the cars and waved us through. There is a sportive on June 1 called "petitgranddepart" which promises to be great fun and I'm planning to do the short version with my 13 year old.

Comments

• Hi James...was great meeting up and riding the route. Good company makes the miles fly past.Have to say I was truly knackered at the end but in a really good way. Those climbs were humbling. That descent and the river section back to Buckden really topped off the ride. Priority over cars, that doesn't happen too often except on the continent where people like cyclists. Something to remember. That pint in the pub after the ride tasted like nectar. Well earned.