Welcome to the forum

CARMELO IN A PANIC OVER ASHWELL ROAD RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited April 2014 in General
I am WORRIED OF ASHWELL!!!...Still very short of helpers...can anybody able to help on 18th May please put name down on previous STICKY regarding ASHWELL PRIMAVERA Road Race...thanks to those that have already come forward but unless we have at least 12 marshals we can't have the race....should be all be done by midday..

Comments

• sorry Carmelo, I'll be away (Etape du Dales)
  • Hi Carmelo

Presuming Iain got a place in the race (?), I can help but will have the boys with me so I'd need to marshall somewhere where there's enough space for them to be off the road.

Lindsey
  • THANK YOU all those that have come forward! I am pretty much there now.I have made a provisional list(may change).Marshals need to come to Cople Village Hall .Grange Lane, Cople Beds, MK44 3TT at about 8.45 to 9.00 depending on whether you are riding to Marshall point.
    Vic...you and Andy did a great job with putting up signs...could I ask the same which means you need to be there earlier 08.00...from Marshals list are there 2 that could come earlier to assist Vic and Andy please?

Drivers about 08.45...enough time to get signs on cars and radios sorted etc...

If anyone else comes forward they are most welcome..I can't stress the importance of Marshals enough..I know it is a bit boring but the more we have the safer the race will be.
    For those who haven't done it before...you will be given a red flag with which to warn motorists that the race is approaching...some points need 3....We are technically not allowed to stop traffic..just 'request' but I tend to make a nuisance of myself and make sure they see me!...some may ask what is going on...politely tell them that a race is approaching and it will be passing very quickly in a few moments...we will also have 3 motorcycle marshals helping...sometimes we do get a driver who just wants to go through regardless..nothing we can do about that..

CC ASHWELL RACE OFFICIALS

John Riddett lead car 1
    Stef Dixon lead car 2
    Richard Maynard Commissaire
    Andy Bartlett Assistant Commissaire

Tim Duckett First Aid and Service
    Jamie Quiggin

Karen Bartlett Licences
    Sofia Luggeri

Tracey Luggeri Refreshments

Marshalls
    Bob Swain Chief Marshall/assistant judge
    Richard Glover assistant judge
    James McKenzie
    Phil Keen
    Mark Constable
    Robbie Laughton
    Martin Lawless
    Tony Strapp
    Andrew Robertson
    Nathaniel Rosa
    Vic Brown
    David Hadsley
    Lindsey Foulkes
    Mark Horton
  • Hi!, I can help too if needed. I have a big, yellow "caution cyclists" sign too.
    Susan
  • edited April 2014
    Think we might need another sign that says 'Carmelo's calm now'