Welcome to the forum

Junior Cicle Classic 2014

CamCam
edited April 2014 in Road Racing
Today Theo,Jon and I raced the 1st edition of the junior cicle classic, taking place before the well known mens uci event. The circuit was 58 miles with 2 laps going through an off-road section and others going up a climb. Theo got in an early attack, however it didn't stick. Soon we approached the 1km off-road section and there was a lot of fighting for the front positions, there was a crash before the section and also a few punctures on it, unfortunately Jon got caught behind a crash but carried on riding stong for the rest of the race. This crash broke the peleton up but it came together again. I tried to stay top 20 but because the pace wasn't extremely fast holding positions was hard. Theo again made an attack with others which again was chased down. on the last lap we made our way to Oakham town centre for the finish. The pace became fast and I tired to stay near the front. In the end I came in 21st, Theo came a very respectable 29th after a active race. Cheers Daniel and my Dad for service and and Mark and Stevie for their support on the course.

Comments

• Well done Theo, Jon, Cameron on holding your own in more top-level junior racing.

In fact we drove along the CiCLE Classic course and through Melton Mowbray this morning on the way to a different event. If we'd known you were racing we would have cheered you on!
  • Well done Boys your doing our club proud :-)
  • A very unique event and must have been a fantastic experience to have got stuck into that. Well done lads.
  • What a great experience this must have been, sounds brutal! Well done you three plus the supporter and soigneurs
  • A bit of a weird race to be honest the pace was quite slow yet no breaks were getting away. Also the winner (James Shaw) controversially held onto his team car when getting pace back on from a puncture.