Welcome to the forum

Century Routes

2»

Comments

• Hi Tom, Are you intending to the ride the Hatfield route in this string?....very interesting about the Fratello
  • 100% up for Hatfield route sometime, if it means more people coming then will flex on start to say 8.00 if ok with all maybe in a couple of weeks?

Not really up for a long pub lunch but defo up for coffee stop.
  • Pete also not sure relevence of 'string' ????

Good luck in revolution matey
  • Sorry Tom...meant to say are you using the Hatfield route that Martin published above for tomorrow.

Agree totally with the pub lunch...cant see the point as for the start, the earlier the better as it gives a bit more of the day with the family

Thanks for your thoughts on the revolution a mere walk in the park compared yo yours
  • Count me in for the Hatfield Forest Century, with or without pub stop (calling Cap'n Pugwash!), especially if we start at 8am. That's the time the longer Saturday rides start. You never know, I might even bring my Fratello.....
  • Ssssssh don't mention the Fratello. If I'm not racing I'll be happy to join for cheeky 100. John, we can't possibly turn up on the same bike. That'd be embarrassing. I'll have to ride 30 yards behind you and pretend I'm nothing to do with the ride...
  • Will, no problem with the same bikes, shows we both have good taste....I've got a Dutch orange jersey to match mine!

I doubt you'll be behind....when I've been out with the Saturday nasty boys I've been hanging on for dear life!
  • Never done the Hatfield ride, so I'd be up for that too. Especially if the orange Fratello twins are coming
  • Great stuff, a fortnight should be perfect, just thinking it's a shame I ordered blue now.

Outlaws.... Let's go for a 8.10am start and look to average 17.1mph
  • ????? What time tomorrow 8.10 or 6.45?
  • D'oh can't do 18th - Etape du Dales beckons. (25th would be perfectly perfect)
  • Pete for clarity I cannot do this ride for a fortnight
  • So your not out tomorrow tom
  • Yes 6.45am corner of hare st / a10 co op buntingford, won't be Hatfield route, but will pass through Ashwell I think around 7.30am, coffee in saffron walden just after half way.
  • edited May 2014
    Ok
  • edited May 2014
    Confused.
    One minute we are doing the Hatfield route from 08:10, with quite a few riders, the next it's not?

I have the route loaded into my Garmin and will ride it from 08:30 from outside the Moon and Stars - so in theory this is when the Blue Train will trundle by if anyone is still riding from 08:10.

If no one shows, I will ride it solo anyhow.
  • edited May 2014
    http://www.strava.com/activities/137309307

Lovely. The first 50 miles of the Hatfield Forest century ride takes you to the Blue Egg. Whopping brunch again as per yesterday's ride!
    30 miler return as per yesterday's Blue-Egg ride.

Perfect, were it not for the torn rear tyre and subsequent 2x punctures.