Welcome to the forum

London To Paris 24

edited May 2014 in General
Hi all

This evening I am having my last glass of red as 8 weeks today I will be riding London to Paris in 24 hours.

To complete on time I have to average, including breaks, 15mph.

I have done a fair amount of training, should anyone be able to donate anything at all that would be great, I have about £99 to hit my target.

please find enclosed link and by way of return I will happily take the front in any club ride for the remainder of the year!

https://www.justgiving.com/Tom-Duncan3/

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Hi all,

Finished in approx 25.5 hrs

The weather made this event, confirmed by the pace riders, the toughest yet.

Only 8 people finished under the 24hr time (inc 2 pace riders) and I believe from 283 starts 80+ people withdrew.

2 deluge storms soaked us all to the bone over the night and we rode more or less the whole ride into between a 12 and 19mph headwind which made for some really tough and character building conditions.

I would just like to thank all that have supported and that I have ridden with whilst training for this event.

It's been emotional.

Tom
  • Top riding Tom and James! Now for a shandy...
  • Congratulations, Tom (and James)! Sounds like a really tough one

... and I'm dreading trying to keep up with you when you've shed the Fratello and got back onto your Cervelo
  • Well done Tom, hope all of you made it, sounds brutal...see you soon