Welcome to the forum

Pantani: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist - New Film

edited May 2014 in General
Cinema film about Marco Pantani due for its UK release very soon:

http://www.pantanifilm.com/
Trailer
London Premiere + Q&A, Tues 13 May 6.30pm, Haymarket, London

I'm not sure how wide a release this film will get, but it's coming to the Arts Picturehouse in Cambridge from Fri 23 May.

Anybody else interested in seeing this film?

Comments

• Wow, I've spent the last 2 hours watching videos of the guy. what an absolute powerhouse. and character
  • Just been to the premier, enjoyed the film with some great footage, a tragic story though.
  • Times & Dates have been released for the Arts Picturehouse in Cambridge:

Fri 23 May 16:00
    Sat 24 May 14:15
    Mon 26 May 15:45
    Tue 27 May 21:00
    Wed 28 May 11:00 & 20:30
    Thu 29 May 11:30

I'm thinking of going either on Sat 24 May 14:15 or Wed 28 May 20:30

Anybody else fancy going?

I'm happy to make a group booking.
  • wed 20.30 should get a good group...have a couple of beers first or a meal next door....sounds like a must see film Shaun
  • I'd be up for Saturday if anyone else fancied it?

Can't do the Wed
  • I'd like to see it - evenings only for me so Wednesday would be good
  • Andrew if you were driving would you possibly have a spare seat?
  • Cambridge + Pub or restaurant = train for me.

Would be interested in seeing if we can get that 4 ticket deal we did on the way back from Wells last year - discounts were substantial
  • ah of course! sounds like it's worth investigating....

which I just did:

23:15 Cambridge [CBG]Platform 1 Letchworth Garden City [LET]Platform 1 23:48 0h 33m 0 More Details on the 23:15 service from Cambridge to Letchworth Garden City
    Single Fare
    £24.60Buy this fareOff-Peak

so £6 each. sounds fair! Though, 23:15 is the last train on the cambridge line southbound - not sure how that works in with the screening
  • It's a short film at 1h 36m so should be OK. Will call cinema tomorrow.
  • OK, maybe I'll go on Sat afternoon with Luke, unless everybody could switch to Tues 9.00pm performance?
  • Damn, me too. I was about to say I can no longer make it. Mick G possibly wants to go though, he might chime in here!
  • Thanks Shaun for the heads up on this one - my son has booked 2 seats for us both on Monday afternoon. I'm using the Trumpington P & R
  • I'm good with Sat or Tue as things stand at work at the moment.
  • I think Tues evening will suit me better. Anybody else?
  • edited December 2014
    Sorry to bump an old topic

This movie is now on netflix.

Looking forward to watching it.

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/80014770 direct link.

Edit, have also found it on Youtube: http://youtu.be/9FRnD3h8LAc (bad quality, and may get taken down, but it's there nonetheless)
  • Thanks for the heads up, it's the first I've heard of it. I've read the book written by Matt Rendell, so this is a must watch.