Welcome to the forum

Lotus Cars Cycle Race League

edited May 2014 in Road Racing
I went up to the Lotus Cars Cycle Race this evening near Norwich. Great night of racing, there are 4 races a C,D,Es , A,Bs and a Men's 1/2/3/4 cat, Women's 1/2/3/4 cat race. The circuit varies for adults and youth, but the circuit I did was the smaller part of the race track. With 2 tight corners at either end it made the race quite exciting. I stayed in the main group for all of the race, quite close to the front, managing to stay up after endless attacks. The race soon sped up with 3 laps to go, many attacks were made but they were all bought back. After the last corner everyone just went for it and I managed to get 3rd place (U14) and 7th overall (U14/U16) out of about 30 riders. My average for the race was 23.1mph and raced for just under 25mins.

My first podium, and a great night of racing! I suggest this for C,D,Es because I can see quite a few of the CCA s getting good positions! if interested - http://www.lotuscycleracing.org/

Gareth Lewis

Comments

• Well done Gareth a great result.. Keep up the good work
  • Good effort Gareth - sounds like a good venue
  • Nice one Gareth! Very pleased to read this.

Daniel
  • Well done Gareth.........i remember being involved some years ago when they were proposing to use this location for cycle racing....So glad to see this up and running with youth racing especially.
  • Great ride Gareth.....

How was the journey up to the event? I think I has seen these events on the BC website and was thinkig about them for Samuel however was a bit put off by the long drive!
  • edited May 2014
    The journey was good, the only busy part was the roadwork section of the A11 by Elveden, but apart from that ok.