Welcome to the forum

MSG Codham Park

edited May 2014 in Road Racing
Great turn out today at MSG Codham park with the total of nine riders, well done everyone you all did amazing in full sun beaming down. Timelaps must have some Gremlins in there system as the results are a bit wrong for some riders. Harley put in a blinding performance starting at the back of the grid with 30+ Boys in front of her and working her way through the field came somewhere between 8/10 position over all.

Youth Male Travis Pell 9th
Juv Male Noah Field 5th
Open Male John Polak 9th
Stuart Field 23rd
David Bingham 73rd
Vet Female Jackie field 6th
Under 12's Harley Pell 1st Girl
Felix field 20th
Nathan Hardy 26th

Harley at Codham park

Comments

• Thanks for posting these Shelton. Think everyone enjoyed that. Great course at Codham today. One very tricky A line which claimed a couple of nasty injuries but otherwise very rideable with lots of variety.
  • Noah rode really well, no pressure but I wan't to see him on the Podium at Ickworth House.
  • Great day out, was good to see the majority of the 'usual suspects' out racing. Great racing by all CCA riders.

As for the results, I think it's only the Open Male and the Juvenile Male results that are affected by a couple of stray results from other categories. For CCA Open Males just move yourself up two places for your actual result.

Youth Males (I don't think we have any) should move up one place.

Superb course (apart from Suicide Alley which was out of keeping with the rest of the course) and excellent catering van!
  • Enjoyed the course and definately felt fitter! Interesting you say that about the timelaps as on the screen at the event i was 74th. But has come out as 75th and also said i was lapped twice. My girlfriend said the winner crossed the finish line 2 mins after i started my 3rd lap so i cant have been lapped? Unless it includes the female category?
  • The top two guys in the results are from a different race, which was run over more laps, hence why it seems like they lapped everyone else. If you take them out, the rest of the results are as they should be (as far as I can tell).

So you are actually 73rd :)
  • That makes sense! Thanks for that well im happy with 73rd thats 7 places better than the last race rather than 5 :) happy with that heading in the right direction :).
  • Just had a look on time laps and they have adjusted the times so it is correct saying i wasnt lapped but now i am 76th.. confused lol.
  • Im a newbie to the club and was also at Codham last sunday. I race in Sport and hopefully at R4 Ickworth with be in CC Ashwell colours.
    Codham has never been a great course for me for some strange reason and sunday was not exception. Felt like i was going backwards for 90 minutes.
    Had a good season last year finishing 6th Overall in Open but fancied a step up this year into Sport which is a tough category especially as im in my late 30's. Roll on Vet cat lol.
  • Welcome Ben. Well done in your race. Not sure it gets any easier in the vets. There are some good riders there too. Hopefully see you at Ixworth.
  • Ehm indeed, the good Vets are all former Elite riders so it definitely doesn't get easier there.
    Welcome to the club.