Welcome to the forum

starter group 27th May 6.30pm at the Tuns start.

edited May 2014 in Chain gangs
Since I am down I will take a group this week. We will ride at a genuinely easy pace so that everyone can get the hang of how to do this smoothly. We will meet at the 3 tuns and ride out. We will use the smaller circuit around abbington piggots. Probably 2 circuits, maybe 3. Anyone who wants to try this or learn the skills is welcome.

Comments

• How genuinely easy is easy...;-)
  • Around 20mph seems to be best. If you go slower you get wild accordion effects. You have to be putting in an effort for a paceline to be working properly.
  • I'll be there!

Cheers

Peter
  • Andy S. A chain gang can be ridden at 12-15 mph if you learn how to do it properly. It is not about speed or showing how fit you are. It is about learning how to ride disciplined. That's why I fix everyone at the same cadence...no gear changes. Sallie...in truth I think Archie would struggle a bit. We could try and do a youth youngsters one during the half term. Ask others and I'll see what can be done
  • edited May 2014
    Ha ha ha Geoff - it was for me!!!

Archie is way too young to be on the road yet.

I'll just carry on doing what I'm doing and try and get more involved as I progress.

Sal
  • and why not Sallie. I'll drop be sometime and see how the training is progressing :-)
  • well..that was wet. Well done Matt. Good to see your lad out in the wet Peter.
  • Thanks Geoff. Matt really enjoyed it. Didn't mind the weather one bit.
    Cheers
    Peter
  • LOL! You crack me up Geoff!