Welcome to the forum

CCA grass track champs. Rescheduled for Thursday 3rd July!!!!!!

edited May 2014 in Grass Track

Comments

• Nice pic, Tim! If you make the sun shine, I'll be there
  • Er, im not sure my guaranteed sunshine will quite pan out but we are planning on carrying on if its raining.

If its really awful and we decide to cancel i will post here.
  • The forecast is improving by the hour. Looking quite sunny with maybe the occasional shower.
  • See, i told you. Guaranteed sunshine....ish!
  • sorry to be missing the club championships at the grass track. Have a great time everyone. Here's hoping for the fine weather you need.
  • edited June 2014
    Positive attitude is always good, but err ... which forecast are you looking at exactly?
  • Even if it pours down, as long as you get an hours relief before the event the track will be fine. That ground drains really fast. That's why I put the track where it is Jane. Even if the bottom of the field is a guagmire the track will work.
  • Good weather guaranteed he said...
  • Bring a picnic he said...
  • Ah,..er...ok that didnt quite go to plan. Was a little on the damp side.

The good news is that we will try again for Thursday 3rd. ...good weather guaranteed....*

*unless its raining.
  • Hmm... Lets hope it's not!
  • Think that is a first Tim. We have never had to cancel a track event before. Must have been a real downpour. Sorry for everyone and hope it goes well on Thursday. good racing everyone.
  • Tim - the Ashwell youngsters (years 5 & 6) will be away this week on a school trip and others are heading up to Yorkshire/County Durham for the TDF so may it be better to hold the event the next week? It gives more opportunity for communicating with parents/kids and more opportunity for tying up with a BBQ etc.
  • I am aware of that but unfortunately this Thursday is the only one before the summer hols that Mark, Max and myself can do.
  • I have my Company half year meeting :-(

I just wont be able to get back in time
  • That's more like it.

• Nice!
  • What time? If we want to race can we still borrow a bike?
  • The fixed wheel racing starts at 6.30, but will probably be skewed towards the younger ones to start with.

Yes, bikes can be borrowed.
  • all change! I will get there, just not for 6:30. hopefully 7:30

:-|
  • Away on business, so can't joint you this time
    (Although just 1 more 'crisis' at Hd Office could mean I'm back in Cambridge tomorrow. So there's a slim chance I might get to Small Gains after all. Every cloud ... )
  • Jane, hope you get your crisis. Skelders, great, doubt we'll do much adults stuff before 7.30.
  • Oh, cool. Hoping to be back in Hitchin for 18:50 :-)
  • That was more like it! Glorious sunshine.
    Thanks to all who organised and ran the event, and well done all who raced.
    I wimped out and was pleased I did when I saw some of the faces during the senior devil.
    Alex really enjoyed the freewheel racing.
  • As usual great atmosphere. great to see so many riders at short notice. Thanks to those that organised
  • Ditto above comments!! Thanks to Tim, Max, Mark & Mark!

It's all about next year ;-)
  • Well done to all the organisers - and we had great weather. It was good to see you Skelders! Cheers.
  • A great evening enjoyed by all the family. I even managed a few laps myself. Many thanks to all the organisers. Vince disappointed you wimped out of the last race.
    John
  • Thanks everyone for coming it was a great, well supported evening. In all the chaos i failed to get any good snaps, has anyone got some they could post?
  • Lovely evening out, apart from the pain of course, thanks to all who took part and specially those who helped organise. Special thanks to Tim for the recovery beverage!