Welcome to the forum

New 10 mile Club record

edited June 2014 in Time Trial
Well James was right - previous times were just temporary markers!

Three of us from CCA rode the Herts Wheelers 10 last night on the Fast F20/10 course. Tom T, Jason and myself.

I've been ribbing Tom as the last time we raced I edged him out by a massive 3 seconds but I knew this time the result was likely to be the other way around. The race was on to be the first Ashwell rider to post a 19!!!!

It rained on and off for a couple of hours leading up to the start but come 7:30 the wind had dropped the roads were a bit wet but fine for racing and there was no spray so game on.

How does Jason do it? With family and work commitments this year he has little to no training time yet still PB'd with a rapid 20:26.....that's a fantastic time. Just a few weeks ago that would have been a club record. Jason got me into TTing so it was great to see him PB and getting faster.

I was off No.3 and Tom No.4.

I crossed the line, fumbled trying to stop the Garmin.....it showed an average of 30mph and 20:08. With -10 secs for timer delay I was hoping that it would be enough to get me a magic 19!

Tom rolled up behind me (visorless as he had to chuck it in a lay-by cos it steamed up) he had 19:52 on his clock so was definitely under. Back at the cars Tom's dad Phil, had been unofficial time keeping. I know from previous events Phil's dead accurate with the watch so when he had Tom as a 51 and me a 56 the nerves settled a bit.

Official results. Tom takes the Club 10 record with a blistering 19:51. 2nd on the night. I came in with a 19:57 which I'm chuffed with, good enough for 4th. Well done Tom you deserve that mate! This is just the beginning...

Winner of the evening was a young 17 year old Joe Fry, part of the GB Olympic Development program, with a 19:31. Must admit my first thought was it would have been great for Cam to have been there to see how they match up!!! Get that back sorted Cam

Results here http://www.herts-wheelers.org.uk/home/news-and-events/archive/2014/june/article/8th-club-10-3/?tx_ttnews

Still early season and the TT side of things is proving to be every bit as interesting as it promised to be.

Comments

• Whoa! Tremendous. Hope you are very chuffed with that chaps. very impressive.
  • Great to see these fantastic times, beating 20 minutes and losing the club 10 record all in in one go Justin :) :(
    Congratulations Tom and good to see you are now gaining in confidence

Also well done to Tom, Jason & Julian for team success in Hitchin Nomads 25 at the weekend!
  • That's some great riding. Well done!
  • unbelievable! nice one!

in cyclist a while ago they were examining how weather/temperature affects speed, and they noted that straight after rain you will see an increase in speed (I forget / didn't understand why why, something to do with air pressure among other things)
  • Amazing times, Tom "I'm too fast for my visor" Trimble, Justin and Jason... Clearly that curry helped on sunday night...
  • Outstanding. Great to read and see.

Curry is the fuel of PB's, more required!!
  • Awesome performances there, CCA really asserting itself in the local TTing scene!

I have no doubt that the curry was a significant factor in such a quick time, will have to get in touch with Cyclist about it
  • Brilliant. Well done all 3 of you. What next?!
  • More curry, Stef, probably...
  • Brilliant from all of you!...WHOOOOSH!!!
  • Funnily enough I am in india at the moment. Never had so much curry..breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    Should knock 3 mins off my club 10 p.b. when I get back
  • either that or you won't be able to stay on long enough to complete the course Stef :-)
  • Awesome times. I thought Tom looked impressive when he flew past as I was waiting to start the HNCC 25 at the weekend. Me thinks some of the team will be missing turns in the TTT at Silverstone...