Welcome to the forum

Ickworth MSG MTB race

edited June 2014 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Really tough conditions at Ickworth this morning. Great weather and the course would have been a real treat had they not had two torrential downpours yesterday. It turned the wooded sections (most of it) into a real mud fest. Much worse than some of the CX races last season and a real energy sapper.

Good showing from CCA

U12 boys
James Fraser 7th
Felix Field 24th

U12 Girls
Harley Pell 1st (Her time put her in 6th place in the boys race)

Vet Lady
Jackie Field 4th

Youth
Travis Pell 6th (his best placing)

Juvenile
Noah Field 5th

Open male
Stuart Field 34th (his worst placing :-( )
Shelton Pell 40th

Apologies if I have missed anyone

Stuart

Comments

• Uh I'm a doughnut, put a new chain on but didn't think about a new cassette! chain was dancing all over the place.I will have to maintain my bike, rather than worrying about the kids bikes!!!... Yeah don't forget David Bingham? My god was it muddy, it was so deep in places I managed my 1st track stand, oh so funny..
  • Well that was quite a muddy course! Found it quite tough came 69th . Did my bit and spurred on a cca rider in the female category who was having fun slipping and sliding in the mud! :)
  • Nice one all the CCA off-roaders! I was with you in spirit if not in person. I should be back for the next two at least.
  • Shelton, You said you expected Noah on the podium. He was a bit off but still raced very well.