Welcome to the forum

Junior track bikes

edited June 2014 in Youth
Some of you will know that I've spent quite a lot of time over the last 12/18 months working with Islabikes with the aim of producing dual-purpose junior track bikes for Under 10/12s - i.e. bikes that can be used for grass track as well as hard track.

I started working with Dolan Bikes instead when the work with Islabikes fell through a couple of months ago. The upshot is that bikes based on the smallest sized Dolan Pre Cursa frame are now available. They comfortably fit riders around 145cm+ tall. See here for a photo of the prototype and information.

I've just ordered a few on behalf of the club to boost its fleet of club bikes. I know that several parents are keen to buy their own bikes too, so whisper a message or email me if you want the specific details before I publicise it more widely. I want to make sure CCA parents get a chance to order ahead of everyone else in case Dolan runs out of stock.

Mark F

Comments

• brilliant Mark. Well done. Sad that the Isla deal fell through. Guess it was a numbers thing.
  • They look great! How much are they?
  • About £450. Dolan should be sending the club's first four bikes to us at the end of next week, so you'll be able to check them out soon.
  • Cool! That Would be nice!
  • Here are the club's four new bikes being used at last night's coaching session.

Mark F

Dolan junior track bikes