Welcome to the forum

CCA Geoff Denny 100 mile classic 2014, Sun 29th June 8.30am

2»

Comments

• Well done folks, I was driving upto Peteborough and felt for you when I saw the rain and heard it had been torrential here in the afternoon.
  • I really enjoyed it too, despite the rain. I'm sat here with a massive grin on my face, I feel like I've achieved something today. Many thanks to everyone, glad you got home safe Richard. So shall we put Sunday 28th June 2015 on the calendar for the next summer running of the Geoff Denny?
  • Yes we should. Great route, good company and surely it can't rain like that 2 years running.
  • Thanks all. A great ride and a great day despite the heavens' efforts to break our spirits. Thank you for your company and humour in the face of the all little adversities of the day!
  • Whilst the weather was not great (what was up with the forecast for yesterday?!) the company more than made up for it, and I now have a major sense of achievement at hitting my first century.

Thanks everyone for a great ride - a real team effort!
  • edited July 2014
    I'd give the predicted weather forecast for Sunday a 1/10 - there was never any indication of a 3 hour downpour on the one I watched pre-ride ! Not sure if I managed to pour more water out of my shoes or my bike frame.......

GD route was fantastic though, lots of roads we knew well and also quite a few we never knew existed. The village of Maunden in Essex was definitely a route highlight. Congrats to all those who did their first 100 !!
  • Great ride and good company

It was Holly's first time out with a club run proper and she finished on 64 miles at 15mph so very good ride for her and thanks to all who helped her.

Looking at our route through Manuden on Google maps I think that we could have followed the posted route through Mallows Green Road even though it had a no through road sign, will remember that for next year.